All orders in your Magento Go store have an order status associated with each stage in the order processing workflow. You can see the status of an order on the Orders page.
Status on Orders Page
Your Magento Go store comes with a set of predefined order statuses and order states. The order state describes the position of an order in the workflow.
|Order Status||Order State|
Custom Order Status
In addition to the preset values, you can create custom order status values of your own, assign order statuses to order states, and set a default order status for order states.
For example, you might need a custom order status for orders â for âpackagingâ or âbackordered,â â or for a status that is specific to your store. In this case you can create a descriptive name for the custom status, and then assign it to the associated order states in the order processing workflow.
To create a custom order status:
- From the Admin panel, select System > Order Statuses.
- Click the Create New Status button in the upper right corner of the Order Statuses page.
- For a new order status, in the Status Information section, do the following:
- Enter a Status Code for internal system use.
- Enter a Status Label to identify the status setting in the Admin panel and store.
- You can also specify additional labels for each store view or language. If applicable, in the Store View Specific Labels section, enter an alternative status labels for each view.
- Click the Save Status button.
- In the Order Statuses section, click the Assign Status to State button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the Assign Order Status to State section, under Assignment Informaton, do the following:
- Set Order Status to the value that you want to assign.
- Select the Order State to which you want to assign the order status.
- Select the Use Order Status as Default checkbox to use the specified status value as the default for the selected state.
- Click the Save Status Assignment button in the upper-right corner.
- On the Order Statuses page, find the order status record in the list that you want to unassign.
- In the Action column on the right, click the Unassign link.
New Order Status
To assign an order status to a state:
Assign Status to State
Assign Order Status to State