Creating a Store View
The Manage Stores tool lets you create additional views, and identify the default view that customers see first when they visit your store. After adding multiple views to your store, you can update or translate your store and product catalog for each view.
The number of store views you can have is determined by your plan. If you receive a message that says that you are using the maximum number of views allowed, you will need to upgrade your plan before you can continue.
Managing Store Views
To create a store view:
- On the Admin menu, select System > Manage Stores.
- Click the Create Store View button to display the New Store View page.
- Under Store View Information, do the following:
Store View Information
- Set Store to “Main Store.”
- Assign a meaningful Name to the store view.(For example, Spanish.)
- Using lower-case characters, assign a Store Code to identify the store. The store code is for internal reference and should be something that makes sense to you.
- Set Status to “Enabled” to activate the store view.
- (Optional) If you have more than one store view, enter a number in the Sort Order field to determine the sequence in which it appears when listed with other views. The store with a sort order of 1 is the default view.
- When complete, click the Save Store View button.