Setting Up Google AdWords
One of the most effective ways to gain insight into the effectiveness of your marketing efforts is to track and analyze your conversion data. Google AdWords is an advertising network that you can use to display ads for your products on participating websites and in Google's search engine results. It helps determine the effectiveness of your ads and keywords by monitoring the actions of users when they click your ad.
Setting up conversion tracking is a two-step process: The first step is to get your conversion tracking code from Google AdWords. Then, use the information to complete the required fields from the Admin panel of your Magento Go store.
Step 1: Get Your Tracking Code
You cannot verify your tracking code before you have active paid ads for the website listed on your account.
- Before you can install the conversion tracking code for your store, you need to set up conversion tracking in your Google AdWords account.
To learn more, see Google's Conversion Tracking Setup Guide.
Sample Tracking Code
- When you have your conversion tracking code, find the value of each of the following fields. You will need this information to complete the configuration of your store.
Field Name Location in Conversion Tracking Code Conversion ID var google_conversion_id = 1071247313; Conversion Language var google_conversion_language = "en"; Conversion Format var google_conversion_format = "2"; Conversion Color var google_conversion_color = "ffffff"; Conversion Label var google_conversion_label = "mOECCMnPpQIQ0d_n_gM"; Conversion Value var google_conversion_value = 0;
*The field value is underlined.
Step 2: Configure Your Store for Google Adwords
- From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
- In the Configuration panel on the left under Sales, select Google API. Then, click to expand the Google AdWords - Conversion Tracking section and do the following:
Google AdWords - Conversion Tracking
- Set Enable to “Yes.”
- Complete the following fields, using the data extracted from the tracking code:
- Conversion ID
- Conversion Language
- Conversion Format
- Conversion Color
- Conversion Label
- Conversion Value Type
Note: The Conversion Value Type can be set to either "Dynamic" or "Constant," depending on whether you have specified an optional conversion value. If you have specified a conversion value in Google AdWords, then you must set Conversion Value Type to "Constant" and type the conversion value in the "Conversion Value" field. Otherwise, set Conversion Value Type to "Dynamic."
- Conversion Value
- Click Save Config to save these changes.
Step 3: Verify the Tracking Status
- Go to your Google AdWords dashboard.
- From the top panel, select Reporting and Tools > Conversions.
- In the Conversions table, look under *Tracking Status* to make sure that your conversion tracking has been verified.