Installing and Upgrading to Magento Community Edition (CE) and Magento Enterprise Edition (EE)
Table of Contents
- Getting Help With Your Installation or Upgrade
- Getting Magento Software
- Installing Magento CE or EE
- Upgrading to Magento CE or EE
We're happy you chose to install or upgrade your Magento software. We're going to help you to install or to upgrade to the following versions:
- Magento Community Edition (CE) 1.8 or 1.9
- Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) 1.13. or 1.14
These releases include a number of improvements:
- Magento Community Edition (CE) Release Notes
- Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) Release Notes
- Magento CE and EE documentation home page, which also has information about new features
- Go to www.magento.com
- In the top horizontal navigation bar, click My Account.
- Log in with your Magento user name and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Enterprise Edition > Release for the software or Sample Data for the optional sample data.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento EE download.
- Transfer the installation archive to your development system.
Important: Use CE 1.9.1 or EE 1.14.1 or later for all new EE installations and upgrades to get the latest fixes, features, and security updates.
The sections that follow get you started on your installation or upgrade. Detailed, step-by-step procedures are discussed in the following articles:
Getting Help With Your Installation or Upgrade
In the event you have a large, distributed system or you need additional help, consult the following resources.
|Magento edition||How to get help|
|Magento CE and Magento EE|
|Magento CE||Submit bug reports|
|Magento EE only||Submit bug reports|
Getting Magento CE or EE
The following table discusses where to get the upgrade image and optional sample data.
|Magento edition||Upgrade image location|
|Magento EE||Use the following steps: