Add Your Logo to Your Website
Design > Themes Editor > Design Settings Editor > Headings Settings
Your Magento Go store is driven by a powerful templating system that allows you to fully control the look and feel of your web store. To make it easy for you to make the changes you want, Magento Go provides a set of easy-to-use design editors that allow you to set up and customize much of your store right from the Admin Panel, without editing any code. But for more advanced web designers, you can also create custom CSS files to control your store’s formatting directly to achieve exactly the look you want.
Your store logo is displayed in the upper-left of the header area of your Magento Go website. It serves as branding for your store as well as a clickable link back to the home page. This article will help you add your custom logo to your web store.
How to do it:
1. Open the Theme Editor and select your theme.
- In the Admin Panel, go to the Design menu and select the Theme Editor option.
Your store’s custom theme should be shown in the position in the upper left of the list. If it’s not, follow the directions in “Picking a Theme” to create a starting theme that you can begin to modify to match your brand and needs.
2. Use the Theme Customization Editor to add your logo.
- Under your theme's thumbnail image, click the Customize button to go to the Theme Customization Editor
- Once in the Theme Customization Editor, select the Design Settings Editor tab on the left.
- Click on the Header Settings bar to expand that panel.
- In the Logo pane, click the Browse... button to locate your logo on your computer and upload it to magento Go for this theme.
- Click on the [ Save ] or [ Save and Continue Edit ] button in the upper right to upload your logo and save your changes.
3. Preview your changes.
- Click the Preview button in the upper right to see what your logo looks like in this theme.
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS: If your logo is pushing the rest of the design and header around, it may be too large. You can right-click on the original logo image in your browser and select the “Image properties” option to see what the pixel dimensions of that image are and resize your logo accordingly and re-upload it.
If you don’t want to change the size of your logo and like it large, skip to the section on “Modifying your CSS” for tips on how to change the CSS styles in the header to accommodate your logo.