We are upgrading the Magento Connect server environment. During this time, HTTP must be used to upload extensions, rather than FTP.
We’re in the process of upgrading the Magento Connect server environment. For a brief period of time, it will not be possible to use FTP to communicate with Magento Connect. If your Magento Connect Manager settings currently use FTP channel protocol, please take a moment to change it to HTTP. We’ll let you know as soon as you can resume using FTP.
Magento Connect Manager Settings
To change the channel protocol:
- Log in to the Admin of your Magento store.
- On the Admin menu, select System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
- Log in to Magento Connect Manager with your Admin credentials.
- On the Settings tab, change Magento Connect Channel Protocol to “Http.”
- Click Save Settings. Then, click Return to Admin and Log Out.
Magento Connect Manager
Current as of January 21, 2015