1. Change Price Scope to Website under System -> Settings -> Catalog

Where is this located ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

guido7

Total Posts:  40

I also v much need to do this.

My payment gateway allows me to take payment directly in different currencies (i.e. no conversion takes place at the customer’s end).  Many other gateways offer the same.  Customer changes to dollars, they actually pay in dollars.

How can we set up Magento so that if a customer selects to view products in a different currency, then the prices quoted in that currency are the exact same prices and currency that will get sent to the payment gateway.  This is far preferable to the current situation.

At the moment, as others have said, Magento still sends the base currency (which I think is fixed).  So if my base currency is euro and someone has chosen to view in US dollar prices, he/she will checkout and have payment taken in euro.  Their own card issuer will then do a conversion on their bank statement showing a USD amount that may end up being quite different (from the indicative WebserviceX USD price they viewed).  This is far from ideal and is undoubtedly going to lead to less conversions (plus a certain amount of purchasers who come back with queries being confused/upset about the discrepancy).

Please tell me this can be done somehow, in the Community edition.

Thanks for any help

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

Anjanesh - 22 February 2010 09:22 PM

1. Change Price Scope to Website under System -> Settings -> Catalog

Where is this located ?

In Configuration, you must click the “Catalog” tab (under the “Catalog” heading), then go to the section entitled “Price.” After you’ve changed that to Website scope and saved the configuration, a Base Price option will appear under Currency Setup when you view the configuration at the Website level.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diosalimited

Total Posts:  31
Brighton, UK and Malaga, Spain

So from what I understand then this is impossible to do if you have one website with a store view for each language/currency, and this is a Magento restriction regardless of whether it\’s PayPal or any other PSP being used ?

(ie. a main UK website in GBP, with multiple store views using multiple currencies… Spanish store view with Euro\’s, Australian with AUD, US with USD etc etc)

So I now have to re-build and re-structure our site to multiple websites and not multiple store views, this sounds like fun >:(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flekstad

Total Posts:  35

My base prices are in NOK and we have just opened a shop in England with GBP prices. I tried the mentioned solution to avoid having the prices show as NOK for the English customers but then every price was shown as the norwegian ones but as if they were britsh pounds.

The exchange rate between NOK and POUNDS are 0,1 so thats a huge difference.

How can i fix this? I want customers in england to see the prices as GBP in paypal as well, not NOK. And we use the same products but with exchange rate for prices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayding11

Total Posts:  7

Flekstad - 08 March 2011 06:18 AM

My base prices are in NOK and we have just opened a shop in England with GBP prices. I tried the mentioned solution to avoid having the prices show as NOK for the English customers but then every price was shown as the norwegian ones but as if they were britsh pounds.

The exchange rate between NOK and POUNDS are 0,1 so thats a huge difference.

How can i fix this? I want customers in england to see the prices as GBP in paypal as well, not NOK. And we use the same products but with exchange rate for prices.

I have the same issue. When price scope is changed from global to website, then prices from the old global base currency are copied to the new website and displayed with the new currency without conversion. It seems the new prices need to be updated manually for all of the products or imported. It would be very nice if the conversion happened automatically. Any ideas anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryukyufire

Total Posts:  21
Melbourne, Australia

Same here!!! The way Magento handles currencies is a bit annoying. I want to charge customers in their selected currency and also want to provide prices based on one currency. Magento won’t let me do it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cherry-electronics

Total Posts:  4

Has anyone any information about this?  The very reason we chose Magento was to be able to migrate several stores with different coutry pricing into one system.

Due to the exchange rate fluctuating dramatically at the moment I want to be sure that I am selling at the correct price so I dont wipe out profit on exchange rates variations - for example I have set the exchange rate conversion high on europe for 2 reasons -RRP can be different than europe (manufacturers dont like it when we list products under RRP) and secondly we want to profit from this by making the profit higher to compensate for extra delivery costs. 
How can this be acheived if magento is taking the sterling UK site price and not the euro equivalent sterling at checkout????? I thought this was what happened until i checked my profit and its worse for europe and it should be better!  so the final value achieved for each sale should be higher for the euro sales to compensate for risk and hgher delivery costs.

What is the point therefore of having euros pricing on the site and then charging a different one at checkout?  this makes no sense to me. I may as well just set the euros websites to show sterling price instead.

This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed asap

Is anyone else selling into europe?  How do you achieve the correct pricing without changing the base currency (this is not an option as products have purchase prices in sterling!)

HELP!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Iclicknetwork

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

Is this what you want? I think it\’s fit for your requirement

Magento Multiple Base currencies

Hope it can help you

Thank you,
Tuan

Magento Community
Magento Community

fixxi1

Total Posts:  13

guys , anything new on this issue ?

I would rather throw money in the garbage than rely on Paypal for currency conversions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jakehardy

Total Posts:  2
London

Hi All,

Did this ever get sorted?

Has ayone used this:
http://iclicknetwork.com/services/magento-extensions/multiple-base-currencies.html

Did it work?

Thanks
Jake

Magento Community
Magento Community

Onvertiser

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

here is a solution:
http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/magento-checkout/magento-paypal-standard-how-to-pay-with-currency-other-than-base-one-and-do-it-in-your-language/

for me (magento 1.7.0.0) work the solution by “niujiao” in the comments area:

I find out a way, test, it works, but I don’t know if there is any problem.
for magento 1.4.2.0
1.app\code\core\Mage\Paypal\Model\Standard.php line 124
change from
->setCurrencyCode($order->getBaseCurrencyCode())
to
->setCurrencyCode($order->getOrderCurrencyCode())

2.app\code\core\Mage\Paypal\Model\Cart.php
line 280 to line 283
change from

self::TOTAL_SUBTOTAL => $this->_salesEntity->getBaseSubtotal(),
self::TOTAL_TAX => $this->_salesEntity->getBaseTaxAmount(),
self::TOTAL_SHIPPING => $this->_salesEntity->getBaseShippingAmount(),
self::TOTAL_DISCOUNT => abs($this->_salesEntity->getBaseDiscountAmount()),

to

self::TOTAL_SUBTOTAL => $this->_salesEntity->getSubtotal(),
self::TOTAL_TAX => $this->_salesEntity->getTaxAmount(),
self::TOTAL_SHIPPING => $this->_salesEntity->getShippingAmount(),
self::TOTAL_DISCOUNT => abs($this->_salesEntity->getDiscountAmount()),

line 291 to line 294
change from

self::TOTAL_SUBTOTAL => $this->_salesEntity->getBaseSubtotal(),
self::TOTAL_TAX => $address->getBaseTaxAmount(),
self::TOTAL_SHIPPING => $address->getBaseShippingAmount(),
self::TOTAL_DISCOUNT => abs($address->getBaseDiscountAmount()),

to

self::TOTAL_SUBTOTAL => $this->_salesEntity->getSubtotal(),
self::TOTAL_TAX => $address->getTaxAmount(),
self::TOTAL_SHIPPING => $address->getShippingAmount(),
self::TOTAL_DISCOUNT => abs($address->getDiscountAmount()),

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris8080

Total Posts:  163

I somewhat can’t get it working.

Tried:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/payment/tweak_paypal_standard_for_non-supported_base_currency
the alternative solution at the very bottom.
PayPal shows up. My Base Currency is CNY, the store view in the checkout shows 110 EUR and PayPal then receives the information: 900USD. ...?

Same goes with niujiao.
I HAVE TO enable CNY as accepted currency in Config.php as well and the result is the same.

I’m on 1,6.2 - it’s strange that it works for you on 1.7. since the solution was for 1.4 confused

And ideas what could possible go wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vanquish

Total Posts:  24

We previously built code in 1.4CE to switch the currency before saving in the order and reset it after however for us the code became redundant.

Since then Magento offers website scope pricing which is the method we use, it is lower maintenance to use the standard functionality.  The price is set per website and each store will use that as the base price, normally you would have USD, EUR and GBP websites for an international site with store views using display currencies for each country.  We use MDM solutions such as Pimcore and Talend for managing the products data including base currency and via a script batch load to Magento updating the pricing for each website using the internal currency translations.  The full product dataset needs to be reloaded periodically to reflect changes in the base currency rates, either direct databse updates or a full batch reload.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris8080

Total Posts:  163

So what you’re saying is instead of:

PayPal Module simply hands over the ordered amount in the ordered currency

it is way easier to maintain 3 - x different prices with different currencies on different websites (which are basically all the same).
To do this you implement a solution via Talend and an external CMS over weeks, the automatic export/import/update, the currency rate retrieval etc.
And that despite the fact, that Magento out of the box already does that all.
Just the PayPal Module won’t transfer the right data as the customer requested it ...

Or am I totally mistaken?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3