Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[RESOLVED] Category menu not updating

Mech

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys,
I just discovered Magento yesterday and so far I think its fantastic, can’t wait for the production releases!

I have a question regarding the category menu in the header-nav-container area, not sure if this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong.  When you change a category name in admin (e.g. “Apparel” to “Computer Games” or something), the nav menu still says “Apparel”.  It seems the only way to get this menu to update is to delete the category entirely and recreate it under the category root.  Am I doing the right thing here or is there another way to update this menu?

Thanks,
Mech

EDIT: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/960/ - just found a relevant link don’t know how I missed this earlier!

Image Attachments
menu.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mech

Total Posts:  2

Ok, I think I’ve answered my own question.  When you edit the categories for “all sites” it changes the display name for all sites in the category tree (e.g. see “Snow Sports” in the image above).  When you select “English Store” for example, it still displays “Snow Sports” on the category tree, however if you click on the category in the edit screen the name is “Apparel” - i.e. unchanged. 

I think there has already been an Issue raised for this, sorry to take up your time!

Image Attachments
menu.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community