Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

pdo_mysql EXTENSION can affect my database? 

umbilical

Total Posts:  22

hi there, first I use EE (expression engine) I have a site running under EE…

now I try to install magento… magento say me that I need 3 extensions on my server ”mcrypt” , ”iconv” I install that 2 good… the 3rd its pdo_mysql I dont install yet beacuse I have fear that can affect my other database that I use with EE site?

Please help! I want install magento on my server but I have fear that can affect my site!

thanks

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I understand that the mysql php module (under Linux) , includes mysql module, mysqli module and pdo-mysql.
It’s strange, I’m testing Magento over severals servers.. and always forwks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

umbilical

Total Posts:  22

so what I do need update my version of mysql? or just install that extension? I have fear that extension affect my EE web site and other databases

I read this on pdo_mysql, and I dont undestand what transactions… fuck… I want install magento and I see a lot issues… :(

Warning
Beware: Some MySQL table types (storage engines) do not support transactions. When writing transactional database code using a table type that does not support transactions, MySQL will pretend that a transaction was initiated successfully. In addition, any DDL queries issued will implicitly commit any pending transactions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

inspi9100

Total Posts:  2

enable php_pdo.dll in the php.ini
that will solve the database error for pdo_mysql.dll

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

what does your phpinfo() say? does it show pdo_mysql in there?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

SimpleHelix.com - 19 July 2008 10:10 PM

what does your phpinfo() say? does it show pdo_mysql in there?

This is what he said:-

the 3rd its pdo_mysql I dont install yet beacuse I have fear that can affect my other database that I use with EE site?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community