Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I am not able to add or update any products in the admin

ayaan

Total Posts:  3

I added few products through the admin and everything was working fine. Now after adding all these products I am not able to add any more new products or even edit the ones I have already added. Everytime I try to add a new simple product or edit it gives me the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) in /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Date.php on line 2554

I even tried changing my .htaccess file to 128M instead of 32M, but that that also doesn’t seem to help either.

I have spent alot of time setting up my store. Someone Please help!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Total Posts:  104

Maybe, if you are one shared serveur, the memory_limit setting is not allowed by your hosteur.

I had the same issue while crating 160 categories (with nos products yet.!...). The only solution at this state : ask your hosteur to give you more memory or go to dedicated....

There are many threads into the forum speaking about the memory requirement to run Magento. And I think, for the moment a shared serveur is not really a good idea…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayaan

Total Posts:  3

Thanx for the reply..
I tried changing the memory_limit in my php.ini file from 32MB to 128MB and placed the file into both root and the magento folder and it took care of the error. I am new to programming and I am not sure by changing the memory_limit , if it slows down the speed or anything.
I am think of switching to dedicated..the shared host doesnt seem a good idea to me either.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community