Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Questions for current magento store owners and developers

jrudy

Total Posts:  5

Got a couple of questions for those that have already built and deployed a magento site. I’m especially looking for people who are using a custom template and who have possibly used another system in the past such as cre loaded pro or x-cart.

I wanted to know what your general feeling was with the implementation. Did the integration of magento into your custom theme go smoothly? Did you have a proposed timeline and were you able to meet that deadline without running into too many issues? Did you underestimate, overestimate, or estimate correctly the time and experience level involved to execute appropriately? If you used another cart before, did the integration process seem less difficult, more difficult or the same? Are you happy with the decision to go to magento?

Thank you in advance for your feedback. I think hearing from folks who have gone through the process already and hearing their experiences would be extremely helpful to people like me seriously considering magento as their preferred platform.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community