Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 5
Poll
Which CMS System Would You Want A Magento Component Integration?
Joomla 155
Word Press 71
Drupal 141
ALL THREE 64
Total Votes: 431
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Joomla /WordPress/ Drupal Integration - TOP PRIORITY

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Ron Seigel - 17 June 2008 01:57 PM

IMHO Magento should do what it’s designed to do - run a shop. Period.

I agree 100% with this. Magento is an ecommerce application. It’s meant for running an online store, not for integrating with forums, shoutboxes, blogs, video galleries, etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dan Frydman

Total Posts:  11

We’re going to be working on integrating with Drupal, though mainly so that users don’t have to login twice.  That’s the main thing for us and our clients.

I agree that full integration isn’t necessary for any of the products listed, though it would be good to have some guidance on editing the customer / member types.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Crucial - 17 June 2008 11:08 PM

Ron Seigel - 17 June 2008 01:57 PM
IMHO Magento should do what it’s designed to do - run a shop. Period.

I agree 100% with this. Magento is an ecommerce application. It’s meant for running an online store, not for integrating with forums, shoutboxes, blogs, video galleries, etc.

The PRESENT and FUTURE for commerce on the internet is interactivity for users/customers (i.e. Web 2.0 and beyond). 
Most of the major retailers understand this - hence the increasing utilization of blogs, forums, social networking, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wgalindo

Total Posts:  3

well, more than an integration if the development teamb create a bridge for users/customers login
is good enought,

a big plus will be if the developers find a way to convert/use the joomla templates , that will boost magento implementation since it will let the magento fans to use hundreds of existing templates and access to a bunch of joomla template designers

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

wgalindo - 18 June 2008 08:39 AM

a big plus will be if the developers find a way to convert/use the joomla templates , that will boost magento implementation since it will let the magento fans to use hundreds of existing templates and access to a bunch of joomla template designers

EXACTLY !!!

cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

FIY there are million of developers, web designers who don’t use Joomla by choice, and don’t care about having a free or paid template made by Joomla or other CMS template designers.

It’s amusing to see ‘xyz cms’ user’ pushing his own agenda in the name of best interest for Magento and for the benefit of others. Thank you but thank you, we don’t need that, we already know what is best for us and quite certain Varien knows what is best for Magento’s market share without any of us telling them.

cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  10
Bratislava, Slovakia

This is just a forum, a place to present opinions and ideas. Everybody can just take an inspiration from here and there is not any way to push someone to do something. If this thread is made by people interested in CMS integration, that’s just it’s purpose to interconnect. Though I see the topic has a spirit of pressure, let’s just talk the ideas of integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  10
Bratislava, Slovakia

As I mentioned earlier, there is JFusion project that has the ambition to integrate Joomla with various other softwares including Magento. Marius, the JFusion developer recently posted an answer on how the Magento/Joomla works are moving along:

“Only the phpBB3 JFusion plugin has the capability of being a JFusion slave at the moment. The other plugins (including magento) do not have the updateUser() function that allows JFusion to create/update a magento user. I would certainly appreciate the help of the community for creating these functions. That is why I added the developers manual on my todo-list for the next couple of days, as this guide would open up development to other developers.”

If there are any developers that could help, please watch the JFusion project http://jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t;=572.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

chinesedream - 18 June 2008 11:11 PM

It’s amusing to see ‘xyz cms’ user’ pushing his own agenda in the name of best interest for Magento and for the benefit of others. Thank you but thank you, we don’t need that, we already know what is best for us

Who is this “us” you speak of ??

question

Magento Community
Magento Community

wgalindo

TomC - 19 June 2008 08:01 AM

chinesedream - 18 June 2008 11:11 PM

It’s amusing to see ‘xyz cms’ user’ pushing his own agenda in the name of best interest for Magento and for the benefit of others. Thank you but thank you, we don’t need that, we already know what is best for us

Who is this “us” you speak of ??

question

is with the community feedback that an open source project grows and succed
trolling forum members giving its persona opinions is not polite or right at all

every human have it’s own agenda (more talking about of ecommerce) there is nothing wrong with that????
this is the way that is supposed to be

and you are wrong nobody nobody knows everything about what is best for “us”

I think that is from the ideas, opinions and critics from the users that the developers build the blue print of magento

my 2 cents

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamQuadmon

Total Posts:  20
Perugia - Italy

I think Joomler, wordpresser and Drupals users can do the porting by themself

I Like Magento because It use Zend Framework… so If there is a CMS based on ZF I look at it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

wgalindo

share - 18 June 2008 11:22 PM

This is just a forum, a place to present opinions and ideas. Everybody can just take an inspiration from here and there is not any way to push someone to do something. If this thread is made by people interested in CMS integration, that’s just it’s purpose to interconnect. Though I see the topic has a spirit of pressure, let’s just talk the ideas of integration.

100% agree with you,
I support the idea in joomlafusion.org they point to http://www.chipin.com/ the developers can put donationware development cost
and once they get it, they release the integration in open source license , in that way the millions of developers / users that don’t use joomla by choice don’t have to complain about other users personal agendas…

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

wgalindo - 20 June 2008 11:19 AM

[
I support the idea in joomlafusion.org they point to http://www.chipin.com/ the developers can put donationware development cost
and once they get it, they release the integration in open source license , in that way the millions of developers / users that don’t use joomla by choice don’t have to complain about other users personal agendas…

Just to be clear - this is not a “personal agenda” issue.  If it were, I wouldn’t have included other CMS in the original post / poll.  It’s a matter of expanding Magento’s market share and awareness within the open-source community - hundreds of thousands of whom use (among others) the three major CMS systems I listed).

Obviously, I am not alone in my thoughts and reasoning.

Nevertheless, I too am anxiously awaiting the JFusion user integration project for (in my case) Joomla.
Hope they are able to work it out soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

It’s not as easy as “using the (insert name here) template / skin system.” Everything is going to be named and structured completely differently.

For example, what happened with Wordpress integration is that the Magento users just took the content and put it in the Magento system.

I for one sure as heck don’t WANT the theming system to look like Drupal or Joomla system. I find those to be a huge mess to code for. Wordpress I don’t mind so much though. As complex as the Magento system is, once you learn it everything is really easy to code for (you can make changes to each individual piece of code, chances are only in one place, and everything is changed).

Magento Community
Magento Community

shashi_lo

Total Posts:  23

Is anyone developing the integration for Drupal?  I’d love to have it for Drupal.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 5