Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Create Purchase Orders

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

I see that Magento can accept purchase order payments, but can an admin create a purchase order for new inventory and existing inventory?

If not, are there any plans to do so?

thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

In2it

Total Posts:  8

I am desperately wanting this feature too!  Or at the very least, to be able to export ordered items to csv so that the items can be reordered from the supplier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

Total Posts:  94
New Zealand

This feature would be fantastic. As most retailers are used to paying a bill rather than up front.

Dear Magento,

Please, please, please, please, please, please, pleaze!

Love,

All of us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@seudo?, I’m trying to understand your question. Are you wandering if through the Magento Admin you can submit orders to your supplier?
Please explain if this is not the case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

New Zealand

From my understanding, and what I am also after is:

customers - purchase on store as per normal
retailers - can order stock from site, hopefully on order for end of month payments

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Deferred or scheduled payments are currently not available on Magento. This may be a feature that will be introduced in future releases.

In the mean time it can be achieved in Magento but will require customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

porterhouse

Total Posts:  27

I’m guessing at what people are asking for.... basically an inventory management tool that you would set re-order points and re-order quantities and then have your vendors setup and have the system recommend (and send once approved) purchase orders to vendors based on inventory point.

Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

New Zealand

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-accept-checks-and-money-orders-as-payment

this actually looks like it might be possible!

“Below this payment method is the Purchase Orders option. This is also an offline method, but it is different from Checks and Money Orders. This is intended to be used when you and the customer have established a credit system, where they are given a Purchase Order number to enter during the checkout process and you can cross-reference this number with a payment option that you have or will arrange with the customer. “

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Sorry, I have been away and I didn’t set the thread to notify me of updates.

porterhouse - 11 June 2008 08:04 PM

I’m guessing at what people are asking for.... basically an inventory management tool that you would set re-order points and re-order quantities and then have your vendors setup and have the system recommend (and send once approved) purchase orders to vendors based on inventory point.

Porterhouse, what you said is basically right on.  When inventory gets to specific level (point) on a per product / item basis it notifies us when it hits that point. We then can have the option to re-order that product or any other product from the supplier that has met that inventory point. The “purchase order” could be printable so that we can fax it over to our supplier - since most of our suppliers do not have web services we can tap into.

I hope I am clear on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Should have read more of the thread.

adimagento - 11 June 2008 07:25 PM

@seudo?, I’m trying to understand your question. Are you wandering if through the Magento Admin you can submit orders to your supplier?
Please explain if this is not the case.

Yes submit an order to the supplier of the products that need to be restocked. This “purchase order” can be printable. Similar to how a customer would buy product through a magento site, but it would be the administrator buying product from the supplier through Magento Admin.

adimagento - 11 June 2008 07:42 PM

Deferred or scheduled payments are currently not available on Magento. This may be a feature that will be introduced in future releases.
In the mean time it can be achieved in Magento but will require customization.

No, it wouldn’t be a deferred or scheduled payment. It would be based on product stock levels.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MonoMachines

Total Posts:  33
New York

Seudo,
Do you know if you can automatically email (or one button email) that Purchase order?  It is generated automatically when stock < X amount?  We are a drop shipper and looking for a way to get the item ordered automatically each time an order is placed.  I was thinking that if the stock is always at 10 and set the re-order point to 9 then it should always generate this?  Thanks for your help.

monomachines

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

@monomachines - From all my medling with magento the only email features I know of is when an inventory of an item or items is below a certain point it emails the admin or what ever email address is set in admin > system > configuration. The inventory levels for notice can be set globally per or per item. However, the feature you are suggesting can be custom coded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MonoMachines

Total Posts:  33
New York

@Seudo, Thanks for the quick reply...I’ll play around a bit and see if I can do some customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TylerH

Total Posts:  1

I’m very interested in this. I’m working on migrating my employer’s website to Magento and have found the only thing really lacking is the ability to create and email purchase orders to my company’s suppliers when stock levels are low or whenever else needed. If anyone comes up with anything even remotely similar to this, please let me know! I’ll be trying my best to work on this as well whenever possible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

I am still exploring the backend for doing custom mods.  It is a very sophisticated piece of software, but as you do customizations to core code do it in the local folder so that when Magento is upgraded it won’t overwrite your work. There are some posts and wiki around here that give some support on this. Here are some links.

Customizing Magento using Event-Observer Method

Customize Parts Of Magento Configuration

Magento’s Architecture

Magento folder structure

Upgrades Made Easy

Hope this helps in some way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Anyone attempting Purchase Orders for Suppliers?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3