Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento on MySQL 5.0

usroxx

Total Posts:  2

After hearing a lot of great news about Magento, I wanted to give it a try and installed the latest Magento-1.0.19870.1 on my local Windows system:
- MySQL 5.0.51b
- PHP 5.2.5
- Apache 2.2

Installation was slow (there are more than 200 tables in Magento database! I must say it’s a record for a single PHP application I ever installed) and ended up with the following error:

Error in file"D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup\mysql4-install-0.8.0.php" SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1005 Can't create table '.\magento\#sql-270_31.frm' (errno: 121)
Trace:
#0 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(278): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(158): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.7')
#2 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(144): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.7')
#3 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(111): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\Mage.php(404): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\app\Mage.php(423): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 D:\Inetpub\wwwroot5\shop\index.php(40): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Any success installation with MySQL 5.0 before? Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I’m installed Magento over Linux and Windows (Xp & 2003) and works fine.
Using Mysql 5 too (I don’t remember the minor version of Mysql, but is Mysql 5 anyway). Today I’m gonna start to test the 1.0.19870.1 version. With 1.0.19870 tehre’s no problem.

About your error message: “SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table ‘.\magento\#sql-270_31.frm’ (errno: 121)”.
There’s a problem with database creation.
You can read about that on http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6188.

Sorry, but me english is out of practice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

usroxx

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for your feedback, Barbanet.

Error must be coming from the language or collation I selected during MySQL database creation.

Anyway, I completely removed the database and re-created new one without collation set, and just used English as language and then installation was a charm: fast & successful. But number of tables created is now “only” 193 (was over 200 on prev attempt when failed).

What happened? Does non-English language introduce some more tables into installation?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I really don’t know.
I check two installations, verision 1.0.19870 and 1.0.19870.1.
First version has 194 tables; the second installation: 193 tables.
I’m gonna check where are the differences. Into de change log I didn’t saw any reference.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DamnFourChars

Total Posts:  7
Annecy, France

same issue.

Error in file"/srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.0.php" SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1005 Can't create table './magento/#sql-35f8_4b.frm' (errno: 121)
Trace:
#0 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(278): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(158): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '0.8.7')
#2 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(144): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('0.8.7')
#3 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(111): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/Mage.php(404): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/app/Mage.php(423): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /srv/d_rubyk/www/www.la-halte.com/htdocs/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

206 tables created.

after the no-collation solution, 193 tables.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community