Magento Forum

‘Is Active’ setting for categories : doesn’t work with version 1.0.198.0.1

cooper

Total Posts:  104

Here are the steps :

1.Clean install with version 1.0.1987.0.1 then,

2. Create and edit categories under Default Category with the following setting :

Root catalog
|__Default Category
|__CATEGORY A :  is active :  yes
|__Sub-category 1 :  is active :  yes
|__Sub-category 2 :  is active :  NO
|__Sub-category 3 :  is active :  NO
|__Sub-category 4 :  is active :  yes

Result :

A. In back-end : the category name (sub-category 2 and 3) are not displayed in light gray in the category tree
B. In front-end : the category name (sub-category 2 and 3) are not displayed but there’s a blank space in the navigation bar (see image attached 1.0.1987.0.1)

I tried exactly the same settings with version 1.0 and everything works fine (as you can see in image attached 1.0)

In the database :

A. the value of the is_active field in table ‘catalog_category_entity’ is always set to 1 (for all the categories even the 2 and the 3, and although in the admin panel the default value is no (?) )

B. in the table ‘catalog_category_entity_int’ I found, for each category, a row related to attribute_id 23 set to ‘0’ when the category is supposed to be not active an ‘1’ in the other case . This row does not appear in version 1.0.

Of course if I change this value from 0 to 1 in phpmyadmin the category name is displayed normally in the front-end. And also by setting the is_active field in table ‘catalog_category_entity’ 1 to 0 the category this category is not visible on the front end and ame is displayed as light gray in the category tree in the admin panel.

It’es very easy to verify the problem. Please tell me if it doesn’t occur in your environment.

PS : you can see the same problem in the demo admin panel of magento : http://demo-admin.magentocommerce.com/ running version 1.0.19700 .  If you try to declare a category to be not active it will not change the dysplay in the category tree (name not dysplayed in light gray)

PS2 : I hope I will be understood even with my lamentable english ...I try to learn reading Agatha Christie’s books and listening american songs… wink

Image Attachments
1_0_1987_0_1.png1_0.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

I have edited the previous post to attache the images…

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Hello everybody,

Nobody has the same issue? Really? However, even in the demo it doesnt work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cosmonoid

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

same problem for me.
Figuring out that there is no category name I made a quick and dirty workaround to hide deactivated categories in the top navigation.
This is really quick´n dirty but i need to get that store up and running.
In /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Navigation.php i added

if ($this->htmlEscape($category->getName())=='') return $html;
at line 141 after
if (!$category->getIsActive()) {

return $html;

}

That cannot be the final solution but i works for the moment.

Greetings,
cosmo

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution. From my side, I change the settings in the database (catalog_category_entity : field : is_active AND catalog_category_entity_int field value where attribute_id=23).

I have report the bug to the Magento Team.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Patrick Rynhart

Total Posts:  9

I can confirm this behaviour - we’re running Magento ver. 1.0.19870.4.  Looks like a bug!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community