Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Installation - Color of ‘My Account My Wishlist My Cart Checkout Login’

geolab

Total Posts:  5

I can see the answer in two threads:

“Hello David,

Please look in skin/frontend/default/default/boxes.css file for the following class: “account-access” and “shop-access”. You’ll be able to define the font colors there. The demo site runs quite a lot from CSS so much of the style edits can easily be made with it alone. “

The trouble is skin/frontend/default/default/boxes.css doesn’t exist - it’s skin/frontend/default/default/css/boxes.css

I have searched for the ‘account-access’ class - not in boxes.css or any other .css file in that directory.

Where can I change the color of the links in my title on the front page header?

OK - After going to anger management therapy I decided to have another go and discovered the line to change - see post #5 below:

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Try searching for top-links or toplinks-bar in boxes.css ... that’s what it’s called in the modern theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

geolab

There is no toplinks or top-links, in fact there is no ‘links’ in boxes.css

Magento Community
Magento Community

geolab

Well......................................  Am I going mad or has the boxes.css been changed? It seems to me that once the .css had relevant references but these have been changed to make it difficult to customise. Can anyone confirm this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

geolab

I have even turned on template path as per the the video.

The path for that block of links is ‘frontend/default/default/template/page/template/links.phtml’ and according to the blurb underneath the video which states “Turning On template path hints helps you figure out the names of blocks, for which you can then find in the various xml files.” there should be a links.xml file - NOT.

I am not a programmer but I’m not dumb either, I had customised the look on Zen Cart and switched on required side boxes within three days starting from scratch, due to their comprehensive purchased user manual ($25) and the massive amount of clear help in the forum.

I’m not sure whether this lack of user help is because the program is new and the ‘team’ feel very possessive or that they want people to ‘hire a professional’ !! Why hire a professional when Zen Cart is customisable? Perhaps they are thinking of making it a commercial prog?

I’ll be leaving this installation for a while, until the ‘team’ decide to put out some comprehensive help or a manual of customisation. Not the Open Source I was expecting and have experienced in the past.

Magento Community
Magento Community

geolab

After turning on the hint and discovering the block was links.phtml I opened it in Dreamweaver and checked the code for references to ‘class’. I found the reference to ‘first’ and ‘last’ then opened the skin/frontend/default/default/css/boxes.css again.

On line 430 (.shop-access a, .shop-access a:hover { color:#ebbc58; font-size:.95em; }) I compared the colour #ebbc58 in Doug’s Home Page and found it to be the same dreary orange of the links in the opening post.

I then changed it to #0000FF (Blue) to contrast with my new background image and it worked.

I think it was a very tedious journey for such a simple change.

Never Give Up - Never Surrender!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community