Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
Makiing ‘Ship to this address’ the default. 

Mootrealm

Total Posts:  150
San Francisco, CA

When placing an order, ‘Ship to another address’ is the default. I would like to make ‘Ship to this address’ the default.

I really can’t see the logic in this decision. The majority of the time, people are going to be shipping to their own address.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriiiel
Guru

Total Posts:  563
France - Paris

Hi,

In template/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml

Line 97, change the code :

<input type="radio" name="billing[pickup_or_use_for_shipping]" id="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_yes" value="1"<?php  if(($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === 1) || ($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === false)): ?> checked="checked"<?php  endif ?> onclick="billing.setPickupOrUseForShipping(1);" />&nbsp;<label for="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_yes"><?php echo  $this->__('Ship to this address'?></label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

<
input type="radio" name="billing[pickup_or_use_for_shipping]" id="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_no" value="0"<?php if($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === 0): ?> checked="checked"<?php endif ?> onclick="billing.setPickupOrUseForShipping(0);" />&nbsp;<label for="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_no"><?php echo $this->__('Ship to different address'?></label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

By

<input type="radio" name="billing[pickup_or_use_for_shipping]" id="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_yes" value="1" checked="checked"<?php  if(($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === 1) || ($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === false)): ?> checked="checked"<?php  endif ?> onclick="billing.setPickupOrUseForShipping(1);" />&nbsp;<label for="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_yes"><?php echo  $this->__('Ship to this address'?></label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

<
input type="radio" name="billing[pickup_or_use_for_shipping]" id="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_no" value="0"<?php if($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === 0): ?> <?php endif ?> onclick="billing.setPickupOrUseForShipping(0);" />&nbsp;<label for="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_no"><?php echo $this->__('Ship to different address'?></label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Seems to work…

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

I would prefer to set the radio button based on whether customer has logged in or not - code as listed below

<input type="radio" name="billing[pickup_or_use_for_shipping]" id="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_yes" value="1" <?php  if(($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === 1) || ($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === false) || !$this->isCustomerLoggedIn()): ?>checked="checked" <?php  endif ?>onclick="billing.setPickupOrUseForShipping(1);" />&nbsp;<label for="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_yes"><?php echo  $this->__('Ship to this address'?></label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
        <
input type="radio" name="billing[pickup_or_use_for_shipping]" id="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_no" value="0" <?php  if($this->getPickupOrUseForShipping() === && $this->isCustomerLoggedIn()): ?>checked="checked" <?php  endif ?>onclick="billing.setPickupOrUseForShipping(0);" />&nbsp;<label for="billing:pickup_or_use_for_shipping_no"><?php echo  $this->__('Ship to different address'?></label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jamaicamama

Total Posts:  19

Hi Gabriiiel,

Could you modify this to also auto select the shipping method selected on the car page?

Thanks,
j

Magento Community
Magento Community

lu@qu

Total Posts:  7
Bremen/Hamburg, DE

Gabriiiel - 09 June 2008 12:53 PM

Hi,

In template/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml [...]

Hi Gagriiel,

thanks for your code suggestion. I have tried it.
The radio button is set correct but the next step is not correct.
The next step after submit should be Payment Information (workflow as equal as you set Use Billing Address manually).
With your code the radio button is set but the next step is Shipping Method.
(I have tried it with Version Magento 1.1.1, as guest).

What is to do that Magento steps from Billing Information to Shipping Method?
Any hints / suggestions?

Thanks and many greeting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lu@qu

Total Posts:  7
Bremen/Hamburg, DE

Answer to my question. grin

The only thing to do is change one code line (tested in Magento V.1.1.1).

public function isUseBillingAddressForShipping()

{

if (($this->getQuote()->getIsVirtual())
            || !
$this->getQuote()->getShippingAddress()->getSameAsBilling()) {

return false;

}

return true;

}

to

{

if (!$this->getQuote()->getShippingAddress()->getSameAsBilling()) {

return false;

}

return true;

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyfer

Total Posts:  24

That’s good stuff lu@qu, but could you please tell in which file you are editing this? :\

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

I believe this editing is in the file mentioned at the top:  template/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml

Does this work yeh? Quite a useful thing really...silly that it was set the other way around originally, most customers are going to ship to their own address lol.

Magento Community
Magento Community

caos989

Total Posts:  96
Linz, Austria

lu@qu - 02 August 2008 10:29 PM

Answer to my question. grin

The only thing to do is change one code line (tested in Magento V.1.1.1).

{

if (($this->getQuote()->getIsVirtual())
            || !
$this->getQuote()->getShippingAddress()->getSameAsBilling()) {

return false;

}

return true;

}

to

{

if (!$this->getQuote()->getShippingAddress()->getSameAsBilling()) {

return false;

}

return true;

where can I edit this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyfer

Exactly my question as well… There is definitely no “public function” in the billing.phtml file :\

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michal_s

Total Posts:  111
The Netherlands

why dont you guys just make a search trough all the files for:
function isUseBillingAddressForShipping()

??????

a hint, it is a php file NOT phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyfer

Greatmedia: Wow that was a pretty shitty comment. Why not just help out and write which file needs to be edited instead of being a wise guy?
Other users will inevitable also be looking up this thread and finding your answer as the solution is pretty insufficient and ruins the entire flow of this thread.

Also it would be interesting which search tool you use to search an entire library for the content of it’s files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi, I havent tried this, but I presume the file referenced is app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Onepage/Billing.php.

I use Textpad to search & edit files - works well for me. Also has syntax highlighting capabilities.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

I would like this for:

- To be able to set a default shipping type in backend, which is then selected by default for the customer
- To be able to set a default payment type in backend, which is then selected by default for the customer

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

Yup. I agree with Christian.  If there is only one shipping type required and one payment type being used they shouldn’t have to be selected by the customer. In my case, I have set up free shipping for a client’s store. There is no need for the shipping to be a required step at all. The checkout should just jump straight from Shipping Info to the Payment Info part of the one-page checkout process. If any one knows how I could go about trying to get this to work I will give it a go and report back if I get it to work.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

team_in_medias

Total Posts:  113
Aachen, Germany

See http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4152/ for another solution.

Andreas

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5