Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Suggestion needed for as site: Grouped or Configurable products ? 

anblik

Total Posts:  12
Kolkata

Its a ecommerce site for Hospitals to sell Treatments services through our site.

Many hospitals now offer spa, skin care, dental and yoga treatments.

We created 7 different category of Treatments like spa, dental care, cosmetic surgery etc.

Once a user click on top level category, say “cosmetic surgery” it will list all the diseases and its treatment Services.

In the product listing (we call it services) for “cosmetic surgery”, say we have ‘Follicular Unit Extraction’ treatment service available.

Once a user click on the FUE link, it will display all Hospitals who sell treatments for the Above diseases along with its prices and a brief description.

A user choose the cheapest price a hospital offers for that treatment and add it into its shopping cart and place a order.

What will be the best way to create a services (treatment) ? by creating a Grouped or Configurable products ? It seems to be like a configurable product is going to be the best choice. I think I need to create a attribute with the name “Hospital” and “Treatments” where I will add price for every treatment a hospital offers. I am little confused on how to move ahead…

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community