Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping Tracking Information and Customer Notification

rjgarcia

Total Posts:  2

Guys,

I am very impressed with what I see here, congratulations on your success and thank you for all of your hard work!

One thing that I don’t seem to be able to find in the existing version is the ability to add the tracking information to the order once it has shipped.  In addition the ability to print an invoice to go in the package and an automatically generated email message to the customer notifying them that the item has shipped would be great!

Thanks again!

-Robert

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We are currently working on a much more comprehensive solution for the sales and order management part of Magento that will include among other features to the ability to add tracking numbers to orders. This should be made available by the end of the year.

Thanks for the good words

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

Yoav,

Are there any plans to let the shop admin add new statuses. I’d require 2 or 3 more status to help the customer follow his delivery. I understand that the current provided statuses are probably required for system integrity, which is no problem, I’m just looking for the possibility to extend it.

In a similar idea, would it be possible to add more email addresses in the “Store Email Addresses” of the system configuration? The addresses currently offered probably covers the majority of the needs, but it would be better to have a dynamic system with no limits on the number of addresses.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

rjgarcia

Total Posts:  2

Yoav,

That is great news!  Thank you!

-Robert

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Are there any plans to let the shop admin add new statuses. I’d require 2 or 3 more status to help the customer follow his delivery. I understand that the current provided statuses are probably required for system integrity, which is no problem, I’m just looking for the possibility to extend it.

Yes we are looking into the ability to add custom order statuses. For now you can rename them.

In a similar idea, would it be possible to add more email addresses in the “Store Email Addresses” of the system configuration? The addresses currently offered probably covers the majority of the needs, but it would be better to have a dynamic system with no limits on the number of addresses.

For now there are no planed updates that will allow the admin to add more emails through the admin interface. This can be done through the code and database. We might consider this for future releases.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

United Media Associates

Total Posts:  48

There are a few people on another thread trying to work through this problem:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9976/P15/

Magento Community
Magento Community