Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extending the CMS system

mateis

Total Posts:  24

Hello,
I am new to magento, and it seems pretty complicated (although i have worked with several MVC frameworks such as symfony or cake).
Anyway, i am trying to extend the functionality of the CMS module , by adding a parent_id column to the cms_page table. I managed to extend the (cms/page) module , and to create a block for displaying the arborescence of the pages in a tree-like menu in the frontend. The problem that i encountered is in the admin part . i don’t know how to make magento use my block instead of Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Cms_Page_Edit_Tab_Main , because i can’t find the block’s identifier in XML , to be able to write in app/etc/local.xml something like
<blocks>
<adminhtml>
<rewrite>
<what_to_put_here_???>MyCompany_Adminhtml_Block_Cms_Page_Edit_Tab_Main</what_to_put_here_???>
</rewrite>
</adminhtml>

</blocks>
I am not sure this is the right way to do it , if i am wrong, please correct me
I don’t have a clear understading of how all this system works, i am discovering as I go , is there any place to find some documentation about Magento ? Any official release ? Symfony has a great book posted online which guides you step by step in discovering the framework. Is there anything similar for Magento ?

Any help is greatly appreciated . Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mateis

Total Posts:  24

Never mind, i found the answer: <cms_page_edit_tab_main>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community