Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

HTML CODES - What is the code to make an image change when pointing the mouse over ? OnMouseOver ? a:hover ? HELP !! 

Lies

Total Posts:  58

Hi,

I have a picture and I want the picture to change when pointing the mouse on it, I heard abour a:hover code or OnMouse, I would like to make that trough CMS in the admin Panel, please help !

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jono

Total Posts:  36
Sydney

Hi,

This can be accomplished in 2 ways:

1. Javascript - you can use Dreamweaver to do this, with the OnMouseOver function and tables.
2. CSS - which is preferable as it will help with SEO. Use this Tutorial - CSS Image Rollover Tutorial

You can see the CSS option in action at Weirdo - T-Shirts for Humans, with the unordered list in a static block, referenced to CSS. It is the navigation bar at the top of every page, Home, About etc..

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Jono

Magento Community
Magento Community

storeonline123

Total Posts:  68

Jono nice work on the website looking good.

I was hoping if you can tell me which CSS file where that information needs to be placed. Also can you put the HTML in the CMS page? or does it have to be placed in a particular file on the site? I’m having a bit trouble getting the CSS image rollover effect.  I am trying to design a custom navigation & custom rollover images that will go on some CMS pages. Hopefully someone can help me out. I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you,

By the way the site we are developing is http://www.barbieisout.com.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamessy

Total Posts:  14

Hi i think the best thing for you to do is go to firefox extensions and download firebug (you need firefox for this) when firebug is enabled you can roll on any element on a web page and it will show you exactly what file and what line the css or html is.Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community