Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changing Category URL Key from Global to Store View

osyris

Total Posts:  39
Tallinn, Estonia

I am runing Magento 1.3.2.3 and my Product URL-keys have Store View scope by default, no hacks involved. Categories still have URL-keys as Global.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DCAlmeida

Total Posts:  164
PRT

1.3.2.4 and nothing yet!
So slow…

edit:

jusr run this sql script:

UPDATE `eav_attributeSET `is_global` = '0' WHERE `eav_attribute`.`attribute_id` =33;

Magento Community
Magento Community

terry22

Total Posts:  31

does somebody managed to use easy flags with url-key by store view?
I mean if some url in store 1 is /books/ and in store 2 is /livres/,
when using <?php echo $_lang->getCurrentUrl() ?> the translated url of /en/books/ still is /fr/books/ instead of /fr/livres/.

Is there a solution to get the correct url key?

thank you for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

surtsey

Total Posts:  20

Well according to the release note for Magento 1.4.0.0-alpha2 they “Implemented ability to have URL Key of Products and Categories per Store View”.
Did anybody install the 1.4-alpha, beta or RC and test it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

surtsey

Total Posts:  20

I installed the 1.4-RC for testing purposes.
You can change the URL for every store view for products AND categories. And it works wink
The URL on store view level is set by standard so you don’t have to change the regarding attribute prior to the set up of products and categories.
However when switching the store view in the front end, the URL is not switched to the version set up in the backend but there is the phrase “?___store=store2&___from_store=store1” put at the end of the URL.

I can hardly wait for the final release LOL

Magento Community
Magento Community

it-worx

Total Posts:  24

Hi Guys,

it´s time for the new URL Key Feature. I think we are waiting a long time for it.

GoGoGo wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxmin

Total Posts:  68
Czech Republic

Hi Guys,

the URL key in clean instalation of new magento version 1.4.0.0 works fine (per store view)

anyway after upgrade from version 1.3.2.4 it stays global.

The SQL patch:
UPDATE `magento`.`eav_attribute` SET `is_global` = ‘0’ WHERE `eav_attribute`.`attribute_id` =33 LIMIT 1 ;
does not work for me because the column ‘is_global’ does not exist.

Who could please tell me SQL patch for 1.4.0.0 upgraded from previous version of magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxmin

Total Posts:  68
Czech Republic

I have got it. It is table: catalog_eav_attribute instead of: eav_attribute

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nemphys

Total Posts:  54

Hi, since I am too scared to upgrade to 1.4.x yet (and will be for a long time, I guess), I have implemented some small hack in order to get this working:
After making the previously mentioned change inside the database (to the appropriate attribute), I could assign localized names to category paths, but there was still the problem with the store switcher (it used the category path of the current store view in the url of the target store view, which ended up in a nice 404). Url rewrites using mod_rewrite did the trick initially, but now I have many categories and doing it that way would be a constant nightmare.
Therefore, I just made a custom module and overloaded the getCurrentUrl function of the Mage_Core_Model_Store class, adding the following code right after the first if block:

if (Mage::getStoreConfig(’catalog/seo/product_use_categories’)) {
$cat = Mage::getSingleton(’catalog/layer’)->getCurrentCategory();
$cat2 = Mage::getModel(’catalog/category’)->setStoreId($this->getId())->load($cat->getId());
$corcat = str_replace(’.html’ , ‘’, $cat->getUrlPath()); /* change this to whatever extension you use for catalog pages
$corcat2 = str_replace(’.html’ , ‘’, $cat2->getUrlPath());
$query = str_replace($corcat, $corcat2, $query);
}

It’s not the proper way, of course, but it does the trick just fine…

Magento Community
Magento Community

dmarks83

Total Posts:  5

Hi all, I clean installed 1.4.0.1 magento yet I am not able to change the category URL key for different store views ie German English, it just has global view next to it with no check box. It just says global view. I know it should work as a friend has shown me a screen shot of his saying store view with a check box but if you look at my attachment it clearly says global.

I can change it on products however.

Any help would be appreciated

Image Attachments
martin.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

bendi

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I have the same problem than the last entry. Clean installation of Magento 1.4.0.1 and no option to set the URL Key to [Store View].

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dmarks83

Total Posts:  5

bendi - 11 March 2010 02:45 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem than the last entry. Clean installation of Magento 1.4.0.1 and no option to set the URL Key to [Store View].

Thanks.

Bendi,

with the help of a friend of mine on here i managed to get this solved with 1.4.0.1 first off go into phpMyAdmin from cPanel if you have it.

Choose your Database from the left hand column, the one you have assigned to your magento store.

then choose eav_attribute in the left column and when loaded select to show 700 records. Scroll down to the record which has:

attribute_code: url_key, and
backend_model: catalog/category_attribute_backend_urlkey

Note down the number of the attribute_id (mine was 479 which will probably be the same if you installed the sample data which i have narrowed down to be the problem here)

Next choose catalog_eav_attribute from the left hand column and navigate to attribute 479 or whatever yours was from the previous steps and edit that field.

When in there change is_global from 1 to 0 and hey presto you now have store view.

There is an SQL statement that can be run to drastically cut out all the crap above but i don’t know too much about forming them to start writing up in here so to be safe i’ll just show you the long way around grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

bendi

Total Posts:  4

Thanks dmarks83,

And sorry for the late response…

I did a new clean installation, but this time without the sample data. In this way no changes in the database is needed.

So it looks like the problem is with the data sample…

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MaikelSmith

Total Posts:  59

Hey guys,

did anybody notive that with the new funcionality of url_key at StoreView there comes a new SEO Bug that needs to be solved:
if you change the StoreView (language) at the frontend, the category and product url_key remains the “untranslated” version until you click something else, then it gets translated. So there we have dublicated content again.

Yet any solution for this little seo bug?

*Maikel*

Magento Community
Magento Community

GPutignano

Total Posts:  214
Lauria - Italy

Hot to set from GLOBAL to STORE VIEW: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/187321/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community