Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Doesn’t Work for Live Gateway Transaction (Help!)

Rational Calvert

Total Posts:  17

I applied this plug-in to my Magento store and used it successfully to process a test transaction. After processing I logged into our account at the Test Business Center at Cybersource and saw that the transaction had been received in good order. So that all seemed to work just fine.

But then, when I then went back to Magento and set Test Mode = No for this payment method and tried it for a live payment of 1.00, I get back the following error message:

Gateway request error:
Security Data: UsernameToken authentication failed.

I know that our Cybersource account is active because I have captured a test transaction through their (live) Virtual Terminal.

(Help!)

UPDATE: (Woops, never mind.)

It never fails. As soon as I finally yell for help I always seem to figure it out myself 5 minutes later. In this case, the problem seems to have been that you need to generate a new Transaction Security Key in the (live) Business Center and paste that into Magento when you’re’ ready to go live. A key generated in the Test Business Center apparently works only for the test site. Seems pretty obvious in retrospect so I feel a little dumb, but I will leave this post up anyway on the chance that it could help someone else.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VosSavant

Total Posts:  21
Colorado

I’m actually glad you kept this post up - I wasn’t even aware there was a Cybersource test mode until I read it.

In case anyone else was in the dark like me, you need not input real credit card information to test if your store is communicating with the Gateway. When you get to the credit card part, enter one of the following “test” numbers:

Credit card test numbers:
4111111111111111 (Visa)
5431111111111111 (MasterCard)
341111111111111 (Amex)
6011601160116611 (Discover)

You can make up information for the other fields - enter Mickey Mouse if you want for the cardholder’s name and select any expiration date and security code. Make sure the gateway extension (in System > Configure > Payment Methods) has Test Mode set to “yes.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi All,

We’re actually having trouble with the following error as well:

Gateway request error:
Security Data: UsernameToken authentication failed.

Though we’re using the Test Security Key with Test Mode set to “Yes”.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
We’re just getting a processing error now via Magento, though have successfully processed an order via the Virtual Terminal.
Error: “There is an error in processing payment. Please try again or contact us.”

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

worlduser

Total Posts:  5

Elias have you found any solution to the “unable to process” error?
Please help.. I’m getting the same error.. I have also replaced cvNumber with cvnNumber in SOAP.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

phnnet

Total Posts:  6

The solution is to go live. Do not use Test Mode and the Test Security Key. It works. The Processing Error message goes away.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community