Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installed Magento but cant navigate the shop from frontend

joee

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I have installed magento and added categories and products to the categories. But when I’m entering the frontend I cant find my categories and products. If i search for my products using the serach form in the top right corner then i can find them.
Why don’t I see the categories??

Image Attachments
frontend.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Probably the classic mistake of not selectiong a store view when you setup your categories.  I did it a 1000 times when I first started.  I guess its still the same, in upper left of categoroy page there s/b a dropdown list where you can select the store view you want the category to be in.  Show a screen print of a category setup page if this doesn’t help.

I’m still a bit confused about the issue, but everthing I do now, I mkake sure of that, and it seems to work. smile

EDIT: Also remember in the cateogory setup there is a field called “Is Active” and that must be set to Yes of course and each product alsho has an Status of Enabled or not, as well as Iin Stock etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community