Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Root Catgory Time Out

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

Ok, this is new to me.  Doing a little messing around in Magento and lost our navigation.  Now we get a timeout error when we un-do what we did.  Here are the steps.

1.  Go to System>Configuration>Catalog (on the side nav)
2.  Change the Current Configuration Scope to English Store
3.  Change the Root Category to a different item other than root (for us it was called Bath Accessories)

Since all our testing work was done in the English store and there were no other categories under “Bath Accessories” there is no Navigation on the top.  The error comes in to play once we try to reverse this.  If we choose to go back to Root Category we receive the following:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/httpd/magento.iexposure.com/lib/Varien/Object.php on line 219

I have screenshots as well.  Any thoughts on how to fix?

You can check out our site at magento.iexposure.com

Image Attachments
Picture 3.pngPicture 1.pngPicture 2.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

We did figure it out.  Needed to change a setting within the database.  I will report this as a bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I’m not sure what was the problem, do you have a large category tree?

The category tree model is going to be rewritten to use nested sets, this will improve performance greatly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community