Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I bypass the storefront

FedererPhoto

Total Posts:  2

I’m looking to create my own storefront (due to the fact that what I’m selling doesn’t work well with the ‘storefront’ idea) yet still want to have a checkout and cart system.

Though the site has MANY issues (it’s just a test one to see if I can do what I want) I want the ‘storefront’ to effectively be this: testing.federerphotography.com/slideshow.html and have the order button add things to an actual shopping cart that can then be tracked/paid for/checked out/etc via a pre-written cart and order organization system like magento.

Thoughts or ideas as to how to do this?  Is there a backend connection to the shopping cart that I can use that bypasses the magento storefront? I’m pretty rusty on web technologies, but can learn quickly if given a nudge in the right direction…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FedererPhoto

Total Posts:  2

Anyone?

Basically, what I want to do is use the order and cart system with my own ‘display and shop’ system.  Surely this isn’t that strange of a request...?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fatabbot

Total Posts:  7

I have the exact same question smile
Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community