Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Media Folder / Directory Organisation

craig

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I’m creating a seperate application which allows my clients to manage their products, who owns what products etc.. is all managed by this external application.

A cron job then runs and copies all my clients products into the Magento database.. I’m pretty sure I will be able to figure out where to put everything however I am wondering if their was a brief explanation of the folder directory structure inside the “media” folder is used or where it is linked up??

Also, is there any way to make the Image gallery “Global” rather than individual stores.

Thanks,
C

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Everything in /media folder is going to be reworked as new media browser/uploader module will be made.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community