Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Cannot load configuration for payment method

racerza

Total Posts:  7

Hi

I’m using a stock install of Magento ver. 1.4.0.1with only one payment method enable, viz. Paypal Website Payments Standard.

The payment module works (tested with Paypal Sandbox) and client is able to download their purcahsed product.

Problem is as follows:  Neither client (using front end) nor me (using backend) can open a completed invoice.  When clickin on an invoice number to view it, the following error occurs:

There has been an error processing your request

Cannot load configuration for payment method “9ER32263UE1696034”

Trace:
#0 /app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Helper/Data.php(47): Mage::throwException(’Cannot load con...’)
#1 /app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Info.php(74): Mage_Payment_Helper_Data->getMethodInstance(’9ER32263UE16960...’)
#2 /app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Helper/Data.php(119): Mage_Payment_Model_Info->getMethodInstance()
#3 /app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Block/Order/Info.php(52): Mage_Payment_Helper_Data->getInfoBlock(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment))
#4 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(211): Mage_Sales_Block_Order_Info->_prepareLayout()
#5 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(457): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#6 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock(’Mage_Sales_Bloc...’, ‘sales.order.inf...’)
#7 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(207): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#8 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(212): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#9 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#10 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(270): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#11 /app/code/core/Mage/Sales/controllers/OrderController.php(94): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#12 /app/code/core/Mage/Sales/controllers/OrderController.php(136): Mage_Sales_OrderController->_viewAction()
#13 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Sales_OrderController->viewAction()
#14 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’view’)
#15 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#16 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#17 /app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#18 /index.php(78): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#19 {main}

It seems that the system is having a problem loading the payment information, and I suspect (from reasing other forum posts) that something has changed in 1.4.01. with regard to directory structure and the “view invoice” script is looking in the wrong place.

If anyone could help with this, I’d really appreciate it.  There seem to be a lot of people expriencing the same (or very similar) problems and I’m sure there is a solution for this.  My store needs to go live this weekend and I’d really llike to put it out there with everything working as it should.....

tks
roger

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bbonitati

Total Posts:  5

I am having this same exact issue.. trying to do the best I can to troubleshoot, but so far no luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taliya

Total Posts:  10

We are also using a fresh installation of 1.4.0.1 with Paypal Standard but our problem was that customers were not able to receive the order confirmation email although payment has been acknowledged by Paypal.

Have seen on the other threads that this error occurs when a particular order is placed using a payment method that has been disabled/deleted. No solution have been found till date. Hope that someone out there will be able to enlighten us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

racerza

taliya - 10 March 2010 06:12 PM

We are also using a fresh installation of 1.4.0.1 with Paypal Standard but our problem was that customers were not able to receive the order confirmation email although payment has been acknowledged by Paypal.

Have you got the correct notification URL set in your Paypal account?  I used the default notification URL as mentioned in all the FAQ’s and that didn’t work, and it took me ages to find the correct one, as this also seems to have changed in new version. 

anyway, this works:

http://YOUR.SHOP.URL/app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Ipn.php

Have seen on the other threads that this error occurs when a particular order is placed using a payment method that has been disabled/deleted. No solution have been found till date. Hope that someone out there will be able to enlighten us.

In my case i only have the one payment method enabled and its certainly not disabled or deleted :(
I still suspect it has something to do with the location of the payment method being different ...  anyway, maybe one of the developers reads this and the multitude of other threads soon!

-r

Magento Community
Magento Community

Slimu

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem here, and after viewing this thread I did notice that the IPN address in my PayPal account was not right. However, even after correcting it to the address that the previous user posted, I am still unable to view the completed invoices. Is there a solution to this problem yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

racerza

Slimu - 23 March 2010 01:29 PM

I have the same problem here, and after viewing this thread I did notice that the IPN address in my PayPal account was not right. However, even after correcting it to the address that the previous user posted, I am still unable to view the completed invoices. Is there a solution to this problem yet?

unfortunately not.  as much as i like Magento, i can’t have a live site with errors of this magnitude, so for the time being i’m using another product.  i must say i’m disappointed with the low level of technical assistance on these forums, a far cry from what i’m used to on other e-commerce sites.

anyway, i’ll keep an eye on these threads and hopefully someone on tbe dev team will take a look someday and give us some hope again.

-r

Magento Community
Magento Community

Slimu

Total Posts:  2

To add to my post, here’s the full error that I’m receiving after trying to click on an order that was paid using PayPal Standard:

There has been an error processing your request

Cannot load configuration for payment method “6DM15636MN064080C”

Trace:
#0 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Helper/Data.php(47): Mage::throwException(’Cannot load con...’)
#1 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Info.php(74): Mage_Payment_Helper_Data->getMethodInstance(’6DM15636MN06408...’)
#2 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Helper/Data.php(119): Mage_Payment_Model_Info->getMethodInstance()
#3 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/Payment.php(50): Mage_Payment_Helper_Data->getInfoBlock(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment))
#4 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/Payment.php(44): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_Payment->setPayment(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment))
#5 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(673): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_Payment->_beforeToHtml()
#6 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’order_payment’, true)
#8 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/View/Tab/Info.php(101): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’order_payment’)
#9 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/sales/order/view/tab/info.phtml(45): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_View_Tab_Info->getPaymentHtml()
#10 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include(’/home/slimu/han...’)
#11 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#12 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#13 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#14 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#15 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Tabs.php(293): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/tabs.phtml(38): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Tabs->getTabContent(Object(Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_View_Tab_Info))
#17 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include(’/home/slimu/han...’)
#18 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#19 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#20 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#21 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#22 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#23 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#24 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#25 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’left’, true)
#26 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(58): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’left’)
#27 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include(’/home/slimu/han...’)
#28 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#29 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#30 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#31 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#32 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(536): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#33 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(389): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#34 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/OrderController.php(122): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#35 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_Sales_OrderController->viewAction()
#36 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’view’)
#37 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#38 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#39 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#40 /home/slimu/hanstseng/slimemansion.com/store/index.php(86): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#41 {main}

My installation is 1.4.0.1 and it was upgraded from 1.3.2.4 using MagentoConnect.

While a payment is still pending the order shows up fine, but once it goes through paypal and changes to processing, it starts giving me the error and won’t let me view the order.

I tried replacing the app/code/core/Mage/Core/Paypal and PaypalUK folders with what I had in 1.3.2.4 (when it used to work properly), and afterwards I can access the order after it was placed using the 1.3.2.4 code, but I think that’s only because PayPal it charges the order incorrectly and so the item remains payment pending.

I tried putting in the Paypal and PaypalUK folders from the 1.4.0.0 installation too, but those give me the same errors.

I’ve also tried installing a clean installation of 1.4.0.1 but it still gives me the same issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hypertxi

Total Posts:  17

Because there is no solution to this massive issue . Im willing to pay for a solution . If money is offered i’m sure professional developers will join. I have created a site just for this issue. If you are also having same trouble, ChipIn into the Money Pot. The Money will be granted to the person with the correct solution.

Here is the link : stiffcody.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

kafreeman

Fortunately this isnt too serious of an issue, but I am still digging through the files to see where the faulty insert is occuring.

If you have access to your magento database you can correct this error by updating the sales_order_entity_varchar table.

if you run the query:

select * from sales_order_entity_varchar where attribute_id = 274

You will see transaction id’s in the “value” column, and these should be of the value “paypal_direct” instead.

There is some variable getting set to the transaction id that should be set to the payment method (paypal_direct, paypal_express, etc).

I am using phpmyadmin, so I just ran the above query and found the few orders with the problem and updated the value column to read paypal_direct.  This problem does not occur using paypal_express.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hypertxi

im having problems even opening up that table. Gives me this error:

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./403.shtml) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your web hosting provider.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hypertxi

Work around solution has been posted at http://stiffcody.com/3434

Magento Community
Magento Community

mpantoja

The StiffCody solution requires starting from scratch.

I need to be able to fix this issue rather than start all over. The entire site is working properly except for payment processing. This is the only issue holding me back from going live.

If you have a solution, I\’d be glad to discuss a rate for getting me up and running.

Magento ver. 1.4.0.1
MySQL version 5.1.30
PHP version 5.2.9

Magento Community
Magento Community

mpantoja

@kafreeman:

I checked my database and the “value” for “attribute_id” is already set to “paypal_direct” in the “sales_order_entity_varchar” table. What was the value you had before you changed it to “paypal_direct”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartminds

Total Posts:  1

I encountered a similar problem. In my case I installed a Payment Gateway extions from ICEPAY.  I removed the extension and it was still giving me errors. What I needed to do is remove the settings regarding ICEPAY stored in \’core_config_data\’.  I deleted the entries, that did the trick.

So in your situation the Paypal settings located in \’core_config_data\’ is probably causing the problem.  Always backup your database before editing or removing data.

BTW this is what\’s in the release notes of 1.4.1 ( I know you\’re using 1.4.0.1, but I believe the issues below are pointing to the same area)

Known Issues

* PayPal and Payflow pro modules are officially backwards incompatible.
* The `sales_order_aggregated_created` table was re-created with new columns, it is not backwards compatible.

Upgrade Path

* Once upgraded, go to system configuration section and re-enter all PayPal-related settings carefully. Make sure to specify the proper merchant country and email.
* To avoid fatal errors with Payflow Pro and Amazonpayments modules, before upgrading cleanup their settings from database:
DELETE FROM `core_config_data` WHERE `path` LIKE ‘payment/verisign%’;
DELETE FROM `core_config_data` WHERE `path` LIKE ‘payment/amazonpayments%’;

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kaspart

Total Posts:  44
Atlanta, GA

I have spent a week with this and various other errors I thought were related.  I was getting the same error when trying to access the payment method configuration.  I also had a problem with my checkout - no one could go past putting in their credit card information.  I thought the two things were the same problem. 

I had a shipping method that I removed - cleared cache through the admin, cleared cache in var/cache.  I still seemed to be getting an error in my log trying to open a shipping method that did not exist.  This was the error I was getting when I tried to access my paymnet methods - thinking maybe I needed to re-save or re-set them up. 

i decided to poke around in the database - using phpmyadmin.  I looked at the core_config_data table and found several files that still had the old shipping method.  they were around page 23 for me - starting with carriers/my_payment/active.  I removed all of these files and now I caould get into my configuration in the admin fine.  Nothing seemed amiss.  I saved the configuration and expected my payment checkout to work. 

Of course - it did not.  The two issues were unrelated.  I searched the forums yet again and discovered my error was in the page.xml file after I upgraded to 1.4.0.1.  The 1.4 versions have this in their page.xml file:

<action method="addJs"><script>lib/ccard.js</script></action>

You can find the article on it here:

http://www.magthemes.com/magento-blog/checkout-does-not-work-with-credit-card-payment-method-in-magento-1-4-1-0/

I hope this helps the next person trying to fix their store.

Traci

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

I’m working on 1.4.1.1

Fast recovery :
- delete existing payment_method at : table core_config_data
- find path : like ‘&#xpa;yment%<your payment method>%’

if you want to eliminate or hide the error for 1.4.1.1
- goTo : Payment/Helper/Data.php
find getPaymentMethodList function and getMethodInstance function

from

public function getPaymentMethodList($sorted true$asLabelValue false$withGroups false$store null)

{
        $methods 
= array();

$groups = array();

$groupRelations = array();

foreach (
$this->getPaymentMethods($store) as $code => $data{

if ((isset($data['title']))) {
                $methods[$code] 
$data['title'];

else {
                $methods[$code] 
$this->getMethodInstance($code)->getConfigData('title'$store);

}

if ($asLabelValue && $withGroups && isset($data['group'])) {
                $groupRelations[$code] 
$data['group'];

}
        }

public function 
getMethodInstance($code)

{
        $key 
self::XML_PATH_PAYMENT_METHODS.'/'.$code.'/model';

$class Mage::getStoreConfig($key);
        if (!
$class{
            Mage
::throwException($this->__('Cannot load configuration for payment method "%s"'$code));

}

return Mage::getModel($class);

}

change it to :

public function getPaymentMethodList($sorted true$asLabelValue false$withGroups false$store null)

{
        $methods 
= array();

$groups = array();

$groupRelations = array();
        foreach (
$this->getPaymentMethods($store) as $code => $data{

if ((isset($data['title']))) {
                $methods[$code] 
$data['title'];

else {

if ($instance $this->getMethodInstance($code)) {
                    $methods[$code] 
$instance->getConfigData('title'$store);

}
            }

if ($asLabelValue && $withGroups && isset($data['group'])) {
                $groupRelations[$code] 
$data['group'];

}
        }

public function 
getMethodInstance($code)

{
        $key 
self::XML_PATH_PAYMENT_METHODS.'/'.$code.'/model';

$class Mage::getStoreConfig($key);
        if (!
$class{
            error_log
(''Cannot load configuration for payment method "%s"', $code');

//Mage::throwException($this->__('Cannot load configuration for payment method "%s"', $code));

else {

return Mage::getModel($class);

}
    }

Hope that it would help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2