Magento Forum

IMPORTING PRODUCTS 600 LIMIT? Can someone help us? 

Malebasics

Total Posts:  12
Miami

Hello Guys

I just herad back form my developers that there is a limit on the bulk import of 600 products, after that Magento stops working and just trowing errors. I was very pleased with the way things were going but this just brokes my confidence in Magento. it seems imposibel to me that an e-commerce software that prides it self on being the best new thing it’s unable to handle this. My products are Apparel, so we made 1 configurable product and 4 simple products to keep track of the inventory and sku’s. My developers design a custom importer to assign the 4 simple products to the one configurable automatically. it seems it was working fine but the the 600 product limit hit them. they said they are working with Varien to solve this problem but i belive in this forum must be someone that can give us a hand.

Please prove us wrong about this magento problem. i would be happy to share some of the import files

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Prattski

Total Posts:  54

As far as my experience goes - I’ve never had an issue importing over 600 products.  In fact, I just imported over 3000 yesterday, and currently, I’m running an import and it is still going and I’m on record #653 out of 1587.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8542/

I am able to import around 5000 products without any pain and that too with version 1.0.19870 where dataflow import process is slow. Heard the latest version has improved the dataflow process speed a lot ... need to test my cron script with that ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

We’ve tested a store with over 80,000 products, and have a user that batch imports 1000 products continually throughout the day, so I can confirm with the others that there is no limit. Are your developers getting an error or something? How did they come to this conclusion?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community