Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Promotions Not Functioning

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

I have been beating my head against the screen trying to solve this.  For some reason not matter what I do the discount does not get applied to anything that I do in here.  Yes, I have hit the Apply Rule button, and ensured the dates were current, and all that.  It just doen’t make any sense why it isn’t showing up.  Please. help!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Could you send me (if you wish via PM) screenshots of all the tabs in promotion configuration?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

zburnham

Total Posts:  69
Westborough, MA

I am also having trouble getting catalog promotions to appear in the demo store.  I’ve tried everything I can think of, the rule is active, I’ve saved and applied the rules, I’ve tried multiple products and rules in multiple categories, to no avail.  I’m assuming that if I have a product open in a window, and apply the rule, when I refresh that page I should see the updated price?  If this isn’t correct, how can you test this?

I’ve attached some screenshots showing the catalog promotion and the item in question.

Image Attachments
promocrop1.gifpromocrop2.gifpromocrop3.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@zburnham: could you please enable all customer groups, re-apply, and try again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zburnham

Total Posts:  69
Westborough, MA

OK, tried it, no change.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you working on your own copy or the online demo store?

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

listerine

Total Posts:  11

i had the SAME problem
- install from the download
- v. 0.6.13700

i created a new rule based exactly on the instructions here and it still didn’t work .  I am just wondering where do I start to track this issue? 

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

Still no progress on this.  I just installed the latest version on a new server with new database.  These promotions just do NOT seem to work.  I have heard some people talk that they have gotten it to work and I would like to hear from someone who does have it working.  Please PM me.

Ross

Magento Community
Magento Community

gordon

Total Posts:  14

I tried many times with local installation of the latest version (0.6.14100) and the magento online demo, just couldn’t get it works.

I’m not sure how does the promotion work. Is discount shown at the cart page or do you see it only during checkout?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi gordon,

There are two different types of promotions in Magento - catalog and shopping cart price rules.

Catalog price rules are applied on the catalog products even before adding a product to shopping cart so you can see special prices in the catalog category product listing, product view page, search results and so on. Please check what sample catalog price rules we have at the moment on the demo store - here are the catalog price rules in the admin, and here and here they are in the catalog. When creating catalog price rules on your own installation make sure that you selected the customer groups and stores you want this rule to be visible to. Don’t forget to “Apply Rules” after you created a new one, otherwise it won’t take an effect.

Shopping cart price rules can be seen here in the admin and you can check for example a simple coupon on the demo store - add any cell phone to your shopping cart and apply coupon code ‘save10’ - you’d get a 10% discount on the cell phones in your shopping cart.

You can also check out the Knowledge Base articles to get more detailed information on Catalog Price Rules and Shopping Cart Price Rules.

Please let me know if it answers your questions.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

I have to add that there are still a few known issues with shopping cart price rules at the moment. We are working on them and they will be fixed in the next releases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

Thanks for the update. (and the links for the demo store pages)

I hadn’t even noticed the promotion issues until I red this thread to be honest. Comparing a fresh Magento install (left side of screenshot) to your demo site (right side of screenshot) it’s clear the promotion isn’t kicking in.

I thought maybe it had to do with the fact I’d changed default currencies but going back to USD didn’t solve it…

Image Attachments
magPromoScreen.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

gordon

Hi Michael,

Appreciate your help and explanation. I just did a quick test on the save10 coupon at the online demo. Yeah, it works. smile

I’ll try with my own coupon on local installation later; need to go bed now, it’s 334am in Singapore ;p

Thanks again, Michael.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roderik

Total Posts:  35
Belgium

The shopping cart promotion system just isn’t working at the moment! I tried a clean full install to verify and even the simple save10 promotion doesn’t work. I can verify that the code gets into the database with the order, but no discounts are given. All products are enabled, date range is from last week to next week, no advanced rules (though the db lists a 1 in the advanced column), coupons per customer and per coupon are set like in the how to…

I don’t really know what to check next, and i need to get it working tonight… btw, i tried the current svn version, but that didn’t help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gordon

I did a simple test on the promotion on my local installation.After following Micheal’s instruction, both (catalog and shopping cart) are working, even with my own coupon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roderik

Total Posts:  35
Belgium

omg, i feel so stupid and curse the hours i lost yesterday, i’m never going to get them back!

pressing the checkbox to add all products, means all products on this page… so only 20 products were added…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2