Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Special kind of shop

elbarto55

Total Posts:  1

First of all: my english is not the best so please be patient.

I heard about Magento and after browsing thru your sites I must admit that I’m frankly impressed.

Well, I’m looking for an open source online shop solution with some special features and since this board is called “can Magento do...” I just start with writing down my requirements. I hope you can tell me wheter or not such a shop can be done with Magento.

*the customer should be limited to get only one product per order – or he should go from the product page right thru to the checkout (it shouldn’t be possible that an order consists of more than one product) // that’s a quite important feature though
*it must be possible to upload multiple files at the checkout (or elsewhere) which than can be seen and accessed thru the backend – I think other online shop systems do this via attributes
*the customer should be able to see the status (order recieved, check availibility, preparing order for shipping, order shipped) of the order after log-in
*order confirmation (with all relevant facts and also text area attributes) for both customer and admin (ideally as pdf), invoice should be generated automatically, both order confirmation and invoice should be customizable (in the style of the shop)

Can Magento do this? Is there any concept like extensions oder contributions in Magento?

Thanks for your help.

By the way: is a german localization of Magento (with German back-end and taxes, etc.) available?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Ok let’s take it step by step:

the customer should be limited to get only one product per order – or he should go from the product page right thru to the checkout (it shouldn’t be possible that an order consists of more than one product) // that’s a quite important feature though

This feature is not available in Magento at this time. This will require some (not so simple) customization.

it must be possible to upload multiple files at the checkout (or elsewhere) which than can be seen and accessed thru the backend – I think other online shop systems do this via attributes

- not magento native currently not planned in the Roadmap. Customization will be needed in order to achieve this but simpler than the one above.

order confirmation (with all relevant facts and also text area attributes) for both customer and admin (ideally as pdf)

Available but not as a pdf. PDF generation will require customization.

invoice should be generated automatically, both order confirmation and invoice should be customizable (in the style of the shop)

Available in Magento but it depends on your definition of “automatically”. Take a look at the Admin Demo Store and check out the invoicing functionality for a more accurate answer.

Is there any concept like extensions oder contributions in Magento?

All community and core extensions are available on Magento Connect. They are all (at the time of this post) open source and available for now charge.

is a german localization of Magento (with German back-end and taxes, etc.) available?

EU Taxes will be greatly facilitated with the next release of Magento. The German Community here is wonderful and they have managed to translate almost all of Magento to German.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community