Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
Uploaded products do not show on front end. Version 1.4.0.1

wanflap

Total Posts:  7

S.O.S.
After I upload products, the products I just uploaded don’t show up on the front end in the catalog. All of the required fields (sku, weight, price, tax, etc) are populated. If I change a products category or change its weight, it shows up. Otherwise, it’s on the backend, but not visible on the front end. Seems like a cache problem, but I’ve tried refreshing the cache. Any ideas?
I’m using 1.4.0.1
thx, JR
please help, this is the last issue I need to fix to go live!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicro

Total Posts:  10

Hi,

I think I got the same issue.

I upgraded from Magento 1.2.1.2 to 1.4.0.1 (manually update by diff files), all is working fine excepted some products that doesn’t show in their category (but product page is ok). Also all my products are visible in backoffice.

I tried to refresh cache, many times, but it doesn’t help.

What is strange is that if I save, without any change, a product in admin that wasn’t shown in front, product is now present in its category. But with a small script which takes all products in my store and save them it doesn’t work…

If someone have an issue, please post here.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

wanflap

Yes, this is the same problem. My uploaded products don’t show on the front end. But, if I open one (on the backend) then click save, it shows up on the front end. I’m trying to upload thousands of products so obviously I can’t do this for every product. This seems to be a bug in version 1.4.
I am sure many others are having this problem.
Magento Development Staff S.O.S.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicro

I found a (strange) workaround :

go to
system / catalog / inventory : display out of stock products -> yes
Then rebuild required indexes.

It works for me, as I don’t need to manage stock (for now). So this is not a solution but a temporary workaround.

But it is still strange as all of my products which previously doesn’t show in front have “manage stock” set to “no” (as a global value).

Magento Community
Magento Community

wanflap

Are you sure this worked for you? Can you test again? I tried it, but no luck. I still have to open and save each item...sucks :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicro

Yes I’m sure, I was working with my website all day and it is ok for product shown in frontend.

Perhaps you can try saving product with massaction, ie go to backend, select all products and change status or attributes (visibility for instance). This is much more faster than saving product one by one, but it also may not work as products are not really saved with same method/parameters.
Give a try and say if it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raphaël Valyi

Total Posts:  4

Guys,

I encountered a similar issue when trying Magento 1.4.0.1, be it with the demo data or with no demo data: products from the back-office are never showing in the frontend.
For me it turns out that this is because of this known issue:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=8502

So editing a product an switching it’s value from ‘out of stock ‘to ‘in stock’ in its inventory tab does the job for me: the product then is displayed in the frontend. May be it’s possible to automate it at import, it just sucks with the demo data.

Hope this helps.

Raphaël Valyi
http://www.akretion.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaproo

Total Posts:  48

Wow ..looks like im not alone with this problem ive been searching the forums for days trying to get some info on this.Did anyone find a permanent fix for this problem ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaproo

Total Posts:  48

Looks like nobody got it properly fixed ? I tell ya Magento is like a wife you want to leave her but the sex is to good!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicro

Hi again,

I’m trying to find a permanent fix for this bug. This is what I got for now :

- when a product doesn’t show in frontend, if I save it (without any change) in backend then it shows in front
- if I made a simple script wich load all my products collection and save each product, this doesn’t work
- if I go to backend > manage all products, then select all products and choose ‘change attributes’, change an attribute like ‘tax class’ for all my products and save, doesn’t work
- same as before but try to change ‘inventory_stock_availability’ or ‘inventory_manage_stock’, this time saving doesn’t work and I got an exception in var/log/exception.log :

Exception message: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`my_db`.`cataloginventory_stock_item`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOGINVENTORY_STOCK_ITEM_STOCK` FOREIGN KEY (`stock_id`) REFERENCES `cataloginventory_stock` (`stock_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE)
Trace: #0 /home/kandel/www/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/my_home/www/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/my_home/www/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#3 /home/my_home/www/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#4 /home/my_home/www/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(546): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `ca...’, Array)
#5 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(390): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert(’cataloginventor...’, Array)
#6 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(284): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item))
#7 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/Product/Action/AttributeController.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#8 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_Product_Action_AttributeController->saveAction()
#9 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’save’)
#10 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/my_home/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /home/my_home/www/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#13 /home/my_home/www/index.php(78): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#14 {main}

I’m searching this way because like I said before if I go to system/config and set “Display out of stock products” to yes, my products are in front.

So has anyone had this exception, or know something about it ? If not, can you test this and report what you got ?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

FigurArt

Any guess? I’m new to Mage, just installed, and try to test, but my dummy products doesn’t show up.. Shall I downgrade or wut? it’s unusable like this..

Magento Community
Magento Community

FigurArt

Akay I was dumb. You have to create categories under the “deafult cteg” not root level.. Hope this helps others.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wanflap

Today I tried:

1. Have cache turned off when you import products.(all disabled)
flush catalog images cache and javascript/css cache, magento cache, cache storage)

2. After import, goto System > Manage Indexes and rebuild all indexes.

BUT NO GOOD. Oh well. I think it’s safe to say that this is NOT a cache or index issue. And it is a Magento Bug. As more use version 1.4, I think this will get Magento’s attention, ya thing? >:(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicro

I also think this is not a cache issue. Hope we\’ll get the fix soon…

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnk-c4b

Total Posts:  11

*bump*

Any fixes for this yet?  I have a support subscription with Varien and have submitted a ticket.  I’ll let you all know what they say.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicro

I don’t have fix the issue yet, but I’m interessting in what Varien can say about this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5