Magento Forum

Changing decriptions on catagories not working

bschmalz

Total Posts:  16
Colorado Springs

When I started playing with the store I did a mix of no description and worthless deceptions thinking I would go back later and fill those in. Now when I go back and make changes and save them the entire description will go away on the front end or not change and sometimes actually change. Also I have noticed trying to change the image for categories will do the same thing.

The back-end shows the description and the images but the front end just removes the images or the description if you make a change to them.

The only fix I have found so far is to create a new category all over again with what I want in it and move my products into the new one.

Anyone else seeing this?

Brian

Image Attachments
ScreenShot1.gifScreenShot2.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

The one thing I am missing in your images is the left column. What store is selected when you do the changes?

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

bschmalz

Colorado Springs

All Stores.

Do I need to modify it at the english store level?

Brian

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

For now the category name is a local attribute, meaning that the name is controlled on a store level (and so are description, meta info etc...). We are considering allowing Magento admins to change this attribute from local to global and by that managing the category name on a global level where changing it once will affect all stores displaying that category.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

bschmalz

Colorado Springs

Thank you sir.

There might still be issues since I can make changes at the global level and they save correctly sometimes but sometimes not.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community