Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product specific delivery pricing for different UK counties? 

Greg Findley

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

Looking at using Magento for a UK site, my client has very specific requirements about the delivery system to be used, so I’m just looking to see if Magento could accomodate these needs…

Price individual products for delivery seperately according to area in the UK, ideally by post code
So each individual product would have its own set of delivery prices for different regions/counties in the UK
The customer would enter their post code to find out the specific delivery price for that item, if there are multiple items in the order it would calculate the total cost for those items to be shipped to that county by adding the individual delivery prices.

I’d be really impressed if it could do this!
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This can be achieved using Table Rate Shipping in the Magento Admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg Findley

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the reply Adi,

Unfortunately my clients requirements are specific to the individual product so can’t be grouped by the order/product value, so for example one product may cost £100 to buy but £30 to deliver whilst another could be the same price at £100 but cost £5 to deliver to the same location due to the nature of their business and products they supply.

I would be very surprised/pleased if Magento could support this custom requirement!
Thanks, Greg

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

I’m pretty convinced that my answer is still yes. You can specify which UK zip codes / will cost what to ship for the same x price item.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I dont believe the answer is yes, because you cant link a product or category ID to the table rate list. Yes you can specify location by cost, but cannot set individual products or categories linked to different shipping costs in the table rate. Would love to see something like that.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community