Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

EDI Integration [SAP]

StandardDani

Total Posts:  2

Hey Guys,

what I really would like to see is an integration with SAP through EDI [Electronic Data Interchange].
I’m sure there are a lot of companies around using SAP and managing orders via SAP. So for me it would make sense to use just one system for order management. Once the order is in SAP those companies use it mostly for the warehouse too or have another warehousing system with an SAP interface. However those guys would have to copy and paste orders and would have to manually keep track of each order status.

So if magento is really supposed to turn the e-commerce world around first of all the system should fit in the workflow - right?

Can you imagine how great an integration/connection would be? Let me know what you think…

Greetings from Germany!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

This is in the plans.In fact, we are wrapping up a non-Magento SAP integration project at the moment at Varien so we are experienced with what needs to be done.

You can expect this sometime in 2008.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StandardDani

you really wanna make everybody happy, huh? wink

thanks for the fast reply, i’m looking forward to it…

Magento Community
Magento Community

JMarkMurphy

Total Posts:  22
Cincinnati, OH

RoyRubin - 11 October 2007 05:24 AM

This is in the plans.In fact, we are wrapping up a non-Magento SAP integration project at the moment at Varien so we are experienced with what needs to be done.

You can expect this sometime in 2008.

I am wondering about this also.  My company is looking into doing a Magento SAP integration around the catalog and SAP’s OCI.  I was interested in whether that had been done before, and what would be necessary to carry out such a project.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThomasL

Total Posts:  7
Wiesbaden, Germany

Hey guys,

anything happened here about the integration from SAPs OCI in Magento? I was searching for this topic, but I can’t find very much about it. Currently I am mainly using for informations.

Greets,
Thomas

Magento Community
Magento Community

regenbauma

We are also looking to do this in the ASP environment..but if this has been done here ..time to swtich to Magento…
The OCI interface is described here..but would prefer to not have to build it if someone has already done this ...
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/97abb390-0201-0010-718f-d6a0d87cb26a

Magento Community
Magento Community

stengah

Total Posts:  42
Denmark

Roy (and all other for that matter),

Any news on this. Our company is quite a large Eurpean production company using SAP as ERP system. I am the webmaster and one of the main criteria for new webshop platforms we plan to implement is integration with SAP.

Would really like to get an update on this.

Sincerely

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dani_Kalt

Total Posts:  1

Are there any news regarding SAP OCI interface to magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JMarkMurphy

Cincinnati, OH

We have a very simple implementation that we did for a customer, but it likely needs work to be usable by anyone else, potentially significant work depending on your requirements.  Send me a private message if you are interested in hiring us to modify it for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stengah

Total Posts:  42
Denmark

I seconf that request - would evidently donate my right hand for a solution…

- JMarkMurphy: can you elaborate in more specific terms on your solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JMarkMurphy

Cincinnati, OH

Current solution is limited, here is what it does:
- accepts and captures customer specific POST data from SAP into the Customer Session on punchout from SAP
- forces user to log in to Magento web site (this is a potential point of improvement to allow direct login from SAP session)
- on checkout have a couple dummy shipping and payment methods (the entire checkout module could be replaced here)
- on acceptance of shopping cart, posts customer specific OCI elements back to SAP (The return values should be configurable, rather than fixed)

The time consuming part of this would be replacing the cart and checkout with a SAP specific cart which would allow the SAP user to accept the cart directly into SAP without having to run through all the various steps of the one page checkout (some of which may be unnecessary).

Magento Community
Magento Community

aditya.p

Total Posts:  4

Please check http://www.sboeconnect.com, it provide the integration betweem Magento and SAP Busines One. You can also apply for the Demo there, if you are interested

Magento Community
Magento Community

sboeconnect

Total Posts:  27
India

In addition to the comment above, http://www.sboeconnect.com is a matured and time tested product which is primarily built to integrate SAP Business One with Magento.

IT supports all 1.4.x versions of Magento CE Edition, There are plently of live magento sites which are integrated with SAP Business One, for details vist the website

Magento Community
Magento Community

sambayer

Total Posts:  7
Raleigh NC

We have an out-of-the-box solution for MAgento-SAP integration.  Please contact me for information @

Thanks,

Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community

gerdfroebe

Total Posts:  4

You can find our Magento extension at SAP OCI for Magento.
Our SAP OCI extension also has a testing mode for shop administrators.

Unsere Magento-Erweiterung finden Sie unter SAP OCI Schnittstelle für Magento.
Die SAP-OCI-Erweiterung verfügt über einen Test-Modus für Shop-Administratoren, um die Erweiterung auch ohne SAP-Server prüfen zu können. Die einfache Installation ist mit wenigen Schritten abgeschlossen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Total Posts:  93
Virginia

I know this post is dated but it was drawn to our attention from a client we integrated SAP OCI on Magento for their procurement needs. Please take a look at Punchout for Magento . We also have a video demonstrating and explaining Punchout (This one is for CXML / Ariba) http://youtu.be/9CSN57d6eWM

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community