Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Footer Shifting up in IE6

devx

Total Posts:  20

Hi guys,
I am in the midst of completing my website. However I am having some problems with IE6.

The footer seems to shift up in certain pages (link). I have tried adding a clear:both style to the footer, but the problem is still there. The way the footer shifts up makes me think that maybe there is some javascript that is causing the problem. Is the footer positioned using javascript (some sort of hack)?

thanks guys wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gordon_MWS

Total Posts:  18
Scotland

devx,

Ignoring Magento for a minute, that looks like a classic floating div problem. I could be well off the mark here but I have seen this in a few places where an empty containing <div> that has no contents other than floated <div>s causes a few rendering problems in certain browsers. I have fixed this is the past by inserting an empty non floating <div> 1 pixel high, within the container <div> after the last floating element. It kind of fills the block up and forces the browser to action the following ‘clear’ correctly.

That probably made no sense reading it back! wink

Like I say, could be wrong but it is worth a look…

Regards,

Gordon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community