Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How To Pass Value From Custom Field In Checkout? 

jbh1

Total Posts:  7

Hey,

I figured out how to add a custom pulldown to the pre-checkout stage, where it shows you the item and total before you hit the ‘checkout’ button. If they make a selection from the pulldown (select name is ‘charity’) and the option can be charity 1 - 10 (10 choices)
how does that charity pulldown value pass into the final order stage and into the ‘order confirmation stage?

Please note that this pulldown is custom and not related to anything from the script. I just edited cart.phtml

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jbh1

Has anybody done anything like this before? It’s just taking one new form value and passing it through the script. Nobody has done this before? Do I just have to edit one of the javascript files to look for the form field name?

For reference I placed the pulldown in the ‘grand total’ box before checkout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stereotomy

Total Posts:  28

i’ve asked a few similar questions before, and finally my solution was putting the extra fields in the “billing.phtml” form with the original variables.

i now see that one has to have a solid understanding of zend MVC before effectively modifying the magento code. period.

note: pls check the programming forum questions further thread pages. i’m sure you’ll stumble upon something.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbh1

Thanks for the response.

So basically if my select field name is ‘charity’ I just make sure billing.html
has the value of that field to be passed along? That’s it?

I just had to make sure I understood

I really appreciate your time. I have searched (still am) but haven’t found (yet) a working example/scenerio similar to this.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community