Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error at final stage of checkout - “There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later.”

Brad Landers

Total Posts:  11

Our store is so close! At the final stage of checkout (5 Order Review), when I click the “Place Order” button, I get the following error:

“There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later.”

The following is written to the exception.log:

2008-06-04T19:46:40+00:00 ERR (3): 
#0 /var/www/html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(406): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `sa...', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(484): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `sa...', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(343): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('salesrule_custo...', Array)
#5 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_SalesRule_Model_Rule_Customer))
#6 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/Model/Observer.php(86): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#7 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1032): Mage_SalesRule_Model_Observer->sales_order_afterPlace(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#8 /var/www/html/app/Mage.php(278): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('sales_order_pla...', Array)
#9 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(462): Mage::dispatchEvent('sales_order_pla...', Array)
#10 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(406): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->place()
#11 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(283): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#12 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#13 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(159): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('saveOrder')
#14 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /var/www/html/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /var/www/html/index.php(40): Mage::run('default')
#17 {main}

I’m not sure where to go from here.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brad Landers

Total Posts:  11

As it turns out, this only occurs with a user account that I created a while ago (prior to some updates). All new user accounts can check out without issue… interesting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

superglue

Total Posts:  9
Kaunas

Brad Landers - 04 June 2008 11:28 AM

As it turns out, this only occurs with a user account that I created a while ago (prior to some updates). All new user accounts can check out without issue… interesting.

I have similar issue. By analyzing var/log/exception.log file and playing with dumping I found that script fails to insert data into salesrule_customer table.  And it seems that it happens due to removed shopping cart price rule. SalesRule/Model/Observer.php get nonexisting rule id by calling

$ruleIds explode(','$order->getAppliedRuleIds());.

Still investigating why it happens.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community