Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change left and right column items! 

vjoxyodo

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I’m new to Magento and i’m building a full customize layout Magento store, i started to use in the past last 3 days. My concerning now is about the left and right columns, i put has defaul a 3column style and i want to customize the left and right columns but i can’t find where are they. And if someone can help me to how to create a new block inside one of the two columns.

Help would be aprecciate with has many posts o reply to me.

Big regards,
Pedro LOL

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gordon_MWS

Total Posts:  18
Scotland

The ‘Design Guide’ is well worth a read (you’ll find it in the Resources menu at the top of this page).

There are a couple of exercises at the end of it that are to help get you up and running, one of them is moving the mini_cart block from one column to another.... that should get you started.

Regards,

Gordon

Magento Community
Magento Community

patricia

Total Posts:  10

I’m having the same issue, i want to edit the left and right columns but the design document doesn’t really help :( it’s geekesque.

Is there an easy “how to?” somewhere ?  or plans to have a little CMS for editing those left and right columns. ( as easy as joomla in a way )
Not being able to edit such things is going to scare many persons and get them away from magento i think…
Pat.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NetElements

Total Posts:  4

I too share the view of patricia.

+1

Magento Community
Magento Community

welanieinc