Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Where is the first template? 

-martin-

Total Posts:  1

Im willing to do some design, though im not such a good programmer. smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mckooter

Total Posts:  91

A.Piotrowski (Lento.pl) - 01 September 2007 11:20 PM

@mckooter

If you want to change default layout of page you must see and analyse all files in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page

In subfolder named html you can change the deafult footer, header, columns structure of the page.

Then you can modify the main content files for example 3columns.phtml or 2columns-right.phtml. Most of layout is set by css so you must refer also to skins/css folder. Simple changes could be done by modyfing CSS.

Although there is simply to change actual files I think that implementing osC template into M isn’t good idea because of use old HTML 4.0 (tables mostly).

In next few days (maybe a week) i’ll try to post a simple tutorial about skinning Magento.

yeah, i didnt mean just reskin, i meant to recode completely, just use some designs i have lying around, I could create something now, but it would be definately the first and worst design released for magento, i understand basic design principals, just tying my ideas together can be a disaster,

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

@mckooter

Now with Scott (nick : scottrageous) and SKacperski we are writing a tutorial about changing design in M. It will show how to completely change the layout not only reskin the default template. I think it could be ready end of this week (maybe weekend).

Now there is only table of contents wink ready : http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Designing-for-Magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandon

Total Posts:  76
Web Developer

I’m confused about your JavaScript lines.  Is there a problem with the forum script or is this really how it looks??

getJsUrl()?>varien/js.js” >

1) I don’t see an opening php tag.
2) Does getJsUrl() write the opening HTML tag?

That just doesn’t sound right at all.  I’m assuming it’s the forum or a typo....

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Yes , there is a problem with posting tags on forum. With Wiki too. Please give me your email address so I can send it to you directly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I hate Lightbox. There, I finally said it.
Its’ overused, it loads slow and it’s of little use for a eCommerce site. With Magento built in enlarge feature, who needs a Lightbox flashy toy?

Confession: I did a lightbox galllery for a client site. It was good then when it wasn’t overly use smile I don’t even want to look at that gallery now smile

tgp

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

but still, atleast they are better than popups =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Updated instructions for Lightbox.

Instead of changing .phtml files we can simply use xml techniques.

Step A. Download Lightbox from http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

Step B. Copy lightbox.js and effects.js to js\varien directory where ale .js are located and lightbox.css to skin/frontend/default/default/css/lightbox.css

Step C. Add 3 lines to app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/catalog/product/view.xml so the reference for head looks like below

Because in forum there are script tags stripped from code. Use a normal script tag < script > (without spaces) and close it < / script > where it’s necessary (marked by ! )

<reference name="head">
<
action method="addJs">!script!varien/effects.js!/script!</action>
<
action method="addJs">!script!varien/lightbox.js!/script!</action>
<
action method="addJs">!script!varien/product.js!/script!</action>
<
action method="addCss"><link>lightbox.css</link></action>
</
reference>

Step D. The next step is changing the app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

From

<?foreach ($this->getGalleryImages() as $_image):?>
<li>
<
a href="#" onclick="popWin('<?=$this->getGalleryUrl($_image)?>', 'gallery', 'scrollbars=yes,width=300,height=300,resizable=yes');return false;">
<
img src="<?=$_image->setType(1)->getSourceUrl();?>" width="68" height="68" alt=""/>
</
a>
</
li>
<?endforeach;?>

to

<?foreach ($this->getGalleryImages() as $_image):?>
<li>
<
a href="<?=$_image->setType(0)->getSourceUrl();?>" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]" title="">
<
img src="<?=$_image->setType(1)->getSourceUrl();?>" width="68" height="68" alt=""/>
</
a>
</
li>
<?endforeach;?>

Step E. Simple change to lightbox.css to set proper display over zoom-box

In lightbox.css change z-index to 10010 in

#lightbox{
    positionabsolute;

top40px;

left0;

width100%;

z-index100;

text-aligncenter;

line-height0;

}

That’s all 

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Adam - is the wiki updated with this (or should I updated it)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

I’ll update it as soon as i receive reply from Moshe about setting a media parameters in <action method="addCss"><link>lightbox.css</link></action> . If this would not be possible i’ll rewrite the code and put changed version into Wiki.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dscho

Total Posts:  236
Singen, Germany

Hi,

i tried to add lightbox2.03.3 in my testshop on http://www.magento-shopping.de/catalog/product/view/s/olympus-stylus-750-7-1mp-digital-camera/id/46/category/12 .

i added

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$this->getJsUrl()?>varien/prototype.js" ></script>           

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$this->getJsUrl()?>varien/scriptaculous.js?load=effects" ></script>                

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$this->getJsUrl()?>varien/lightbox.js" ></script>

and

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?=$this->getSkinUrl('css/lightbox.css')?>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>

into 2columns-right.phtml

On IE i get a javascript error: Prototype.BrowserFeatures.XPath is NULL or no Object

Do you have any idea to solve this Problem?

Best Regards
Dscho

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2