Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Blog & Forum?? 

welshstew

Total Posts:  4

I see that here on the main magento commerce site you have this simple yet lovely forum, and also a blog.

Can the vanilla install of magento also do this ?

If not, then can it be installed as a plugin and can you let me know what software this forum and blog use ?

Thanks,

Stew

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Magento does not include a blog or forum functionality. On this community site we use a customized version of Expression Engine that is fully integrated with the Magento store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

welshstew

Total Posts:  4

Thanks Adi,

Are there any instructions lying around about how to integrate expression engine and magento?

Are there any plans to build a plugin / incorporate as core any blog or forum functionality?

Stew

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Unfortunately there is no available documentation for this integration at this time.

Members of the community have started a group regarding this matter that can be found here.

I should also mention that although we were pleased with working with EE the forum was greatly customized for look and feel as well as functionality.

Building a bridge to EE is not currently on the roadmap but could be in the future like many other features.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community