I’m researching an eCommerce solution for a new business. The client needs the site to be able to do some specific things:
- Approve / Upgrade user to ‘Retailer status, where the user would then be able to order at the wholesale price, as well as have different payment terms (Net 30 Terms, Check, CC etc..)
- Process multiple shipments per (purchase) order, and charge applicable shipping per shipment. (I believe that Magento can do this after watching one of the screencasts)
- Retailers who are ordering need to see order history, and do a ‘re-order’ with possible quantity change, and/or add/delete items.
- Fulfilling agent (factory) needs to be able to access the orders for fulfillment.
- Factory can update inventory
- Retail clients need to be able to have a ‘Rep’ field to track who is the rep for each client.
- Admin generated ‘Purchase Order’ to the factory.
- synchronize data between Magento and a local copy of QuickBooks. (i guess this can be developed by a 3rd party)
I am thinking that Magento would be the perfect system for this client; they were considering paying $1k per month for mainstreetcommerce; but it seems like overkill. They are already running a fast site hosted on Mosso, so we wouldn’t need to be concerned about speed;
They have a bit of development cash, so I’m thinking that anything Magento can’t do for them, we could hire someone to write it, or just send funds to the developers;
Any comments, help, or advice would be greatly appreciated.