Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Clothing/Fashion B2B + Retail eCommerce

titaniumman

Total Posts:  2

Hi-

I’m researching an eCommerce solution for a new business. The client needs the site to be able to do some specific things:

- Approve / Upgrade user to ‘Retailer status, where the user would then be able to order at the wholesale price, as well as have different payment terms (Net 30 Terms, Check, CC etc..)

- Process multiple shipments per (purchase) order, and charge applicable shipping per shipment. (I believe that Magento can do this after watching one of the screencasts)

- Retailers who are ordering need to see order history, and do a ‘re-order’ with possible quantity change, and/or add/delete items.

- Fulfilling agent (factory) needs to be able to access the orders for fulfillment.

- Factory can update inventory

- Retail clients need to be able to have a ‘Rep’ field to track who is the rep for each client.

- Admin generated ‘Purchase Order’ to the factory.

- synchronize data between Magento and a local copy of QuickBooks. (i guess this can be developed by a 3rd party)

I am thinking that Magento would be the perfect system for this client; they were considering paying $1k per month for mainstreetcommerce; but it seems like overkill. They are already running a fast site hosted on Mosso, so we wouldn’t need to be concerned about speed;

They have a bit of development cash, so I’m thinking that anything Magento can’t do for them, we could hire someone to write it, or just send funds to the developers;

Any comments, help, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Marc

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

- Approve / Upgrade user to ‘Retailer status, where the user would then be able to order at the wholesale price, as well as have different payment terms (Net 30 Terms, Check, CC etc..)

Retailer status with ability to order at wholesale prices is possible to do using tier prices for specific customer groups.
There is no way to have different payment terms for them - this will need customization.

- Process multiple shipments per (purchase) order, and charge applicable shipping per shipment. (I believe that Magento can do this after watching one of the screencasts)

Depending on what you mean: multi-shipping checkout or just ability to send a few packages for each order. both things are possible with Magento, but for the latter, you wont be able to charge the user any additional shipping fees, so if user estimated shipping rate were $30 and to ship one package will cost him $20 and the second $15 than we won’t change additional $5.

- Retailers who are ordering need to see order history, and do a ‘re-order’ with possible quantity change, and/or add/delete items.

Magento native

- Fulfilling agent (factory) needs to be able to access the orders for fulfillment.

Depends on the requirements. It will probably be possible to create an admin user with permissions to edit orders only. However if you want to show the fulfilling agent any info from the order than customization is required to develop new permissions for this specific case.

- Factory can update inventory

The same as the point above. It’s possible to open permissions to edit products or develop a customer permissions for updating inventory only.

- Retail clients need to be able to have a ‘Rep’ field to track who is the rep for each client.

Should be an easy customization: just to add a new customer attribute and show it on the front in any place

- Admin generated ‘Purchase Order’ to the factory.

I’m not sure what you mean with this.  Probably some customization required.

- synchronize data between Magento and a local copy of QuickBooks. (i guess this can be developed by a 3rd party)

customization required.

Magento Community
Magento Community

titaniumman

Total Posts:  2

Adi- thanks so much for your detailed reply.

So to summarize, if i were to request a quote, this would be the initial customization needed:

1.) Configurable payment terms for specific customer groups.

2.) Ability to accept order without processing or charging shipping, and then add shipping charges for each split shipment.

3.) Possible permissions customization for user role, ‘Fulfillment’

I guess we would look to a 3rd party for the QuickBooks conduit;

I was trying to add customer attributes last night, but I didn’t see where this was possible.

-Marc

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

I guess we would look to a 3rd party for the QuickBooks conduit;

It’s possible that a Magento professional can assist you with this integration as well.

You should also check out this group that is working with Quickbook Sync to Magento.

I was trying to add customer attributes last night, but I didn’t see where this was possible.

This question will be best answered in the How To forum.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community