Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

FAO Magento staff: Please fix Google Checkout! 

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hello,

I have been trying to get Magento to work with Google Checkout (GC) for the last month or so. The only reason I went with Magento was integrated GC support.

However, this is not working correctly. Magento is NOT passing on shipping charges to Google. This has been confirmed by Google as well.

I have not seen one single Magento store where GC works with either flat rate or table rate shipping.

There are numerous threads on this forum, and a number of bugs submitted in the bug tracker - but no updates.

Will a member of staff please, please help us? At least confirm that GC is not working - or even better, let’s work together so we can fix it.

Lisa

smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I have been working with team member Serge for a couple weeks on this on the CPM. 

He says they tested it and it works fine.  He also said I needed to be in sandbox mode since I don’t have a ssl cert, so I did that, and it still shows 0.00.  for all shipping.and the integration console still tells me I don’t have a ssl callback url. 

I wish somebody would chime in that google shipper calculated shipping works for me, but I have never seen a post like that anywhere.  I alos looked in /var/logs at the google information log, and it has an xml file of the order I tried placing, the log correctly showing the item weights on all the items.  So that would seem to say magento has the weights but is not passing them, but Serge says testing shows they are passing weights.  Puzzling. 

There is some iron in the fire that is either cockpit on our parts, or something they are missing.  They seem to be working at it from my perspective. Serge has been very helpful, we just haven’t solved it, yet.

Beats me. One thing I have not done yet is Serge asked for a debug dump of my database.  I don’t know how to do that, but have a guy who probably does when I can get hold of him.  If anybody knows how, let me know. I use phpMyAdmin where Serge says this is doable.

It does seem hard to beleive its workign, esp as its not LOL I may end up just abandoning it if we can’t make any progress with it.  Serge has been very good working with me and I appreicate it, and we are still at it, so maybe that dump will tell them something.  Maybe we are all making some fundamental error. Who knows!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Serge at Varien
Magento Team

Total Posts:  73

Hello Anna, Hello Lisa!

Lisa, as I have asked you in the other thread, please first of all check your google integration console.

in result of our investigation we found fundamental bug on the google’s side that was causing all problems around it: when google is unable to reach merchant calculation URL it shows default shipping rates instead of carrier calculated ones, but it is absolutely wrong, because carrier calculated rates have nothing to do with merchant calculations! so basically they given you the wrong info Magento should NOT send any rates to google in case with carrier calculation enabled. please send me your conversation with google support, probably you or they misunderstood anything.

Anna, thank you for your assistant!

Best regards,
Serge

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

Hey Serge,

Have replied in the other thread with my GC console errors.
My issue is with MERCHANT calculated shipping, as carrier calculated shipping is not supported for any of the UK carriers at the moment, so I am not using that at all.

What Google Checkout staff has told me is that GC only shows the info it gets from Magento, and in this case, Magento was not sending any shipping info to GC.

Many thanks again for trying to help, it is much, much appreciated!
Do let me know if I can provide any more information that would assist you in troubleshooting this.
Lisa

Magento Community
Magento Community

enru

Total Posts:  12

I think i’ve solved it - see my post here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5960/P75/#t49146

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community