Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import slow & freezes. I only have 390 products? 

RH

Total Posts:  81

Hello.

The import function use to work fine. I could bring products in and out without any troubles.

But now it’s so slow. It’s does about 3 products and then freezes. I left it for 7 hours and still nothing.

Can anyone help, any ideas and what’s made it so unusable?

Thanks

Rob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Total Posts:  81

Hello.

Just an update.

I have awebsite with an english store and added a slovakian store view. It wasnt doing anything (yet) so i deleted it.

I then did an import and it worked fine, the import function must not like the multiple website/stores.

Do you think i should report this or do you think magento are aware?

Thanks

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

We were having some similar problems until recently. The import was terribly slow, it would freeze or not load at all. We were importing 1 product a second. We have since fixed that problem. If you need help check out Sysgen Media - Magento faster product import

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community