Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Export Module for Google Base

bulldog

Total Posts:  8

I am still having problems with the data feed. It still generates an link of http:// www.yourdomain.com/product-name.html. It doesn’t append the categories or the sub-categories to the URL.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xgabo

Total Posts:  40

The feed doesnt work for me I get links that look like, mysite/googlefeed.php/productID its putting the name of the feed file inplace of where the category should be.  the feed is in the main directory of the site. I created the file export with chmod 777 just link it said to do.  This same thing has happened with all previous versions of the google feed also.
the image links did work fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

@ previous 2 posters

I wish I could help you, but I’m not the one who wrote the script. The script was written specifically for my install, but others have successfully modified portions to get it to work on their setup. My best guess would be going through the PHP file line by line and matching it up with your own install. For example, my store is called “default”, so it looks specifically for that. If yours is called something else, it may have issues. I hope this helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

bulldog

Total Posts:  8

@Turbo1

Thank you for your post. That was kind of you to give it to the community.  I was able to get it working. It does work when you type http://www.yourdomain.com/product-name.html.  As it will render the same page as http://www.yourdomain.com/category/subcategory/product-name.html (your store install doesn’t depend on this). This can cause problems with all the products in root category for tracking purposes. What do others think?

www.vendorbazaar.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

Hmm.. could this have something to do with mod_rewrite being on or off?  Mine is set to on. I’m not sure if that may be an issue or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PandaWebStudio

Amsterdam, Netherlands

@bulldog

In Magento, a product could be in more than one category, so this type of path: http://www.yourdomain.com/category/subcategory/product-name.html is not unique.

Magento Community
Magento Community

someguy

Total Posts:  6

when I go to visit the address of the php file in my browser, it just shows a blank page.

i created the google_base_feed.txt file manually.

I created one category and put one product in that category, and it is enabled, and visible to catalog and search

am I missing something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

xgabo

OK, Ive tried several things and still get an problem.  with seo rewrites on- I get a page not found error on any page other than index.  and the google feed make the links look like this http://www.mysite.com/default/testproduct.html

with seo urls off I get mysite/googlefeed.php/product.html

I use simple scripts (provided my my hosting company) to install magento on my host.  I thinkg I need to have seo urls on for the feed to work.  what settings or code do I need to change.  I see that some people are talking about Apache or mod rewrite settings but I dont know what or where to go to change them.  Has anyone had to change thier htaccess to make this work, cause this feed has not spit out a working url for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

@xgabo

You can turn on the friendly URL (mod rewrite) in Magento under the Admin, configuration menu. I think it’s in the web sub-tab. You’ll then want to use the sample htaccess file that’s provided, and modify it to suit your needs.

@someguy

Do you have an Export folder with permissions set to 777?  The TXT file will show up in there.. the PHP file itself will show nothing when it runs properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xgabo

with seo urls on, my website does not work, the links are bad.  Im not familiar with htaccess so configuring it is beyond me.  I dont under stand magentos htaccess code.  and what does it want .htaccess or htaccess.txt ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

@ xgabo
I don’t think the Rewrites will work unless there’s proper instructions in the “.htaccess” file. I’ll show you what mine looks like:

############################################
## make HTTPS env vars available for CGI mode

SSLOptions StdEnvVars

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

## enable rewrites

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

## workaround for HTTP authorization
## in CGI environment

RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

## always send 404 on missing files in these folders

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(media|skin|js)/

## never rewrite for existing files, directories and links

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

## rewrite everything else to index.php

RewriteRule .* index.php [L]

</IfModule>

I believe those are the relevant directives that the rewrite engine needs. I’m not an expert, but I hope this info helps. I think the default install includes a sample htaccess file that just needs to be re-named to “.htaccess” . That’s what I did smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

xgabo

IT WORKS IT REALLY WORKED!!!  Thanks A Bunch.  Now all I have to figure out is the product import system!

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

@turbo1 - Thank you.

Just something I did to make it more automated.
I set this up as a cron job on my server so it updates it and have scheduled google to grab it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

restos

Total Posts:  79

is there any possibility to make a modification to export products in other active currencies?

Magento Community
Magento Community

John R

Total Posts:  90

The script has a problem when trying to grab the price for anything but ‘simple’ products. It grabs the incorrect price, and I am working on a fix ... in the meantime, I recommend adding the following code at Line #22:

$products->addAttributeToFilter('type_id''simple');//simple only (until fix is made)

This will only grab simple products, but at least they are the right prices. Hopefully I will find a way to accurately grab other prices soon.

For grouped products, the ideal situation would be to grab the details of each grouped product, with the link URL going to the master product. For instance:

GROUP PRODUCT A contains (A1 @ $19.99 and A2 @ $39.99)

In the Google Base feed, you would have TWO products listed: A1 and A2, with the only parameters that are different being the SKU and price - it would use the description, images, links, etc. from the master product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community