Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Magento Wine Shop, winegiants.com

Sander

Total Posts:  232
Netherlands

Bruno LAFITTE - 03 June 2008 09:44 AM

My wine is packaged in a box with 6 bottles.
I dont want sell 4, 5 ou 7 bottles but 6, 12 ou 18 (= 1, 2 or 3 box).
I want to indicate a prix for 1 bottle but sell by 6.
Why ?
You understand ?

We worked around this issue because we wanted to go live earlier than bundled products were available. Check it out at:
http://www.bolomey.nl/bordeaux/clos-des-demoiselles-2003.html. The store owner can input quantities in which the product is sold, so if he would like to sell in quantities of 6,12,18,24 only, he would input those numbers in the backend.

This solution currently works very well, we’re not going to use bundled products anymore for individual wines, only for special sample boxes with different wines in them.

Hope this gives you an idea smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

barrmy

Total Posts:  102

i really like the logo - colors, design and style....the pictures are pretty good too....the colors in the cart view are also great and work very well

I would recommend some customer-facing pages with recommendations on selecting the right wine for the right meal/occasion, how the scoring system works, etc.  In the top nav menu, I would also cross-categorize the wines and add in score, price and year up there for instant navigation.  I noticed the ‘Shop by’ doesn’t show up on some pages (eg Rose and regions), but it does on Red/White - even if there are no subcategories, many people will buy wine based on price or type (if searching by region) so at least those should remain static IMHO

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

What kind of success have you been realizing since you opened your store?

Magento Community
Magento Community

patriveri

Total Posts:  30

I’ve been getting an order every two days. I loaded all items into Google Base, but have not done any advertising yet (we’re still adding functionality).

What kind of products do you sell?

Magento Community
Magento Community

patriveri

Total Posts:  30

Barrmy,

Thanks for your comments! We definitely want to educate the consumer. Will take care of the inconsistencies.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackstraw

Total Posts:  62
Carbondale,Colorado

Hi, looks nice.  I did find a little glitch though while browsing for a martinenga barbaresco grin
http://www.winegiants.com/catalog/category/view/p/3/id/80/

nice job,
Nigel

Magento Community
Magento Community

ddalton

Total Posts:  12

Can you limit by product the state they ship to?  for example you can only ship wine to certain states, but you may have wine accessories that can ship anywhere like bottle openers etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

Very nice first site. My recommendation would be that you spend a little money to hire a professional web designer. You could take it from looking somewhat like a template to having a very attractive design.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jploeb

Total Posts:  1

ddalton,
Magento uses the same tables for both ship to and bill to.  We decided it better to not remove the states we can not ship to and just let the customer know with a friendly call.  We hope soon to be able to remove the states that we can not ship to only, and allow for people in those states to still purchase wine but ship to an other allowable state.
Best, Justin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Hucke

Hello, first impression is good. I like it.

From a navigational point of view i would recommend to enrich choice by allowing deeper navigation.

Example:  * Home / red / merlot

gives a lot of results (71). I miss to be able to choose region/country from this point. It is too many products to browse from here.

Found this issue at several points.
Another example: Home / South Africa. Here it would be nice to filter for at least “color” possibly “grape”, too.

I see you have gone pretty far with using magento navigation. But it seems not to be congruent.

Guess it was quite a lot work to get your data done so far. Congratulations!

Magento Community
Magento Community

njwood60

Total Posts:  25

Hi

I found one problem on your site:

this page:
http://www.winegiants.com/type/organic

seems to be using the default “demo” layout rather than your custom design

Not quite sure how that would happen

Thanks for the info on your home page content

Magento Community
Magento Community

snapjack

I think your site misses the mark. You’re selling wine, a luxurious, warm, fragrant, and magical product. Unless your prices are great or you have hard to find products I wouldn’t stop in and buy. In Manhattan you have a ton of competition, I would really hire a pro to redesign and start selling the sizzle not the steak. Your product photos are all over the place, you need to standardize that. I don’t like just labels but would love to have that as an optional image when I click on the bottle.

It seems you already have a great business but your web site doesn’t reflex that. Don’t get me wrong it’s not terrible but it could be so much more. Good luck. Now it’s time for a glass for me…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2