Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import Bulk Attributes

bobbiemckee

Total Posts:  5

I was able to use the above code to import my attributes. However, I’m unable to select more than about 51 attributes at a time. Is there a limit in the database which prevents selecting more? Or does Magento have a limit? I need an answer PLEASE.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seanbro

Total Posts:  22

bobbiemckee - 26 February 2010 01:27 PM

I was able to use the above code to import my attributes. However, I’m unable to select more than about 51 attributes at a time. Is there a limit in the database which prevents selecting more? Or does Magento have a limit? I need an answer PLEASE.

What do you mean by selecting attributes? Are you having trouble importing the attribute options, or are you trying to use multiselect in the Admin area? I haven’t dealt with multiselect much, so I can’t be of help with Magento quirks regarding that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbiemckee

Total Posts:  5

seanbro - 02 March 2010 03:10 PM

What do you mean by selecting attributes? Are you having trouble importing the attribute options, or are you trying to use multiselect in the Admin area? I haven’t dealt with multiselect much, so I can’t be of help with Magento quirks regarding that.

I am trying to use the multiple select attributes and selecting multiple ones in the admin section. I have since installed 1.4 again on the same hosting and on a different hosting account, as well as install 1.1.3 with the same results. The system only holds approximately 51 attributes and if I select more than that, it deselects them.

I had the hosting company increase the memory and it still doesn’t work.

This site needs to go live and it’s the only thing holding me up. Some help would be great. Has anyone else been able to select more than 60 attributes?

Thanks for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vsimon

Total Posts:  14

Thank you Seanbro.
Worked a charm for me to bulk import attribute values.

Couple of added points:
1)Any single quotes in the values need to be escaped out (so D’Orsay needs to be in the php file as D\’Orsay)
2)All the Magento databases I’ve seen have some prefix on the front of the filenames so you may need to put that in the two places where filenames are quoted at the foot of the php page
3)My install did not want the .db extension on the end of the database name
4)The php as written doesn’t insert sort order for the attribute values. I guess you can use a method analogous to specifying a language version. I’m no php expert, so I just did a simple SQL update query on the database as follows (*10 is to leave gaps for inserting items):
UPDATE eav_attribute_option
SET eav_attribute_option.sort_order = eav_attribute_option.option_id*’10’

Magento Community
Magento Community

lesya

Total Posts:  23

Here’s a great option for bulk attributes import http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/savajr/extension/1822/store-manager-for-magento It enables import and export of attributes sets

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsifra

Total Posts:  57

srinigenie, you are the MAN!!! Thank you very much! It’s unbelievable! This community is great.
Still work perfectly with Magento 1.4.1

If somebody needs custom groups pricing - please let me know. I have a solution. it’s ugly, but works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VanGilsWeb

Total Posts:  97

Thank you srinigenie for your help with importing bulk attributes. It works perfect!

I have imported +/- 4000 values for my attribute manufacturer. In the database I can see all values. But when I go to the Magento backend-> manage attributes -> manufacturer I get a blank page.

Enyone know how to fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alex Parker

Total Posts:  2

It seems the end of the code posted on the first page is missing, perhaps due to a new rule restricting maximum post length.  Anyone got the full import.php source laying around?

Magento Community
Magento Community

atumra

Hello i tryed to execute the script, it seems to complete, but no attributes about manufacturer.
I need to add manufacturer entries like:

amd
intel
etc....

Any help would be appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community

vsimon

Worked fine for me on site running 1.4.01
Now have fresh site running 1.4.2 (different host), and I get this error when running ImpAttributes.php:

Fatal error: Class ‘Mage_Eav_Model_Import’ not found in /home/lavishch/public_html/ImpAttributes.php on line 9

Any thoughts

Magento Community
Magento Community

sfcadmin

Total Posts:  7
Baltimore, MD

We offer a paid extension which allows import large numbers of product attributes and their values independently of importing products.

SFC Magento Product Attribute Import Extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

yigal

Total Posts:  11

Thank you srinigenie!
Tried your method and it worked like a charm.
Ver 1.4.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMediaLtd

Total Posts:  84
Wakefield, United Kingdom

I am also having a problem with this. On my Magento store I need to select more than 51 options in my multiple select box for pretty much all of my products.
I have had a look around the core files and also the template files to try and find a solution to this strange limit; but no luck :(

Anybody got any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vramik

Total Posts:  3

scottyb-wf4 - 10 April 2011 10:53 PM

I am also having a problem with this. On my Magento store I need to select more than 51 options in my multiple select box for pretty much all of my products.
I have had a look around the core files and also the template files to try and find a solution to this strange limit; but no luck :(

Anybody got any ideas?

Try using Magento 1.5.0.1 with Magmi version 0.7.5
I have used that combination to successfully import 500,000 products with 4-6 options per
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/magento_mass_importer_magmi_documentation

Magento Community
Magento Community

Net Assets

Total Posts:  12

Thank you srinigenie!

Your solution yet again saved my loads of time .

Worked fine on magento 1.6

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community