Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extend Mage_Customer

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

Hi community,

I am currently working on a project and need to expand the customer attributes. For instance, the company needs to know how many members in household, and other additional attributes.

I know the module is an EAV object, what is the simplest way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rolf Bachmann

Total Posts:  7

I’ve have the same need.

How can I add some additional Fields in the table “customer_entity” and making them visible and enterable for the backend ? Maybe frontend as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

Hmmm, seems like a dead subject. Then perhaps is there anybody with some experience creating a new EAV Entity? I would like to create a new module extending the Mage_Eav module similarly to how the catalog does. Before I ask specific questions, is there anybody in the community who has done this, or would be able to answer questions?

Also, I understand the “PHP Architect’s Guide to Magento” discusses the eav db model, but I am leary to buy the book for fear that it might be a general understanding, but not necessarily anything I could take to the coding block to create my own. Anybody have experience with this, am I wrong?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles

Total Posts:  73
Belgium

Actually, there are 2 examples of creating extra modules in Magento.

One thing lacking is making simple local changes to Magento’s core. Or at least, I didn’t get it.

For the rest, the book does a fine job at explaining things. Anyone, at that price, it’s a steal

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community