Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install problem—between step 2 and 3. 

icon

Total Posts:  1

Hi

Finally my webhost (hostpoint.ch) has php 5.2 installed. Still, I can’t install Magento. The problem is that after the second step of the install wizard (configuration) it hangs itself up. The fields Database connection, Default store, Secure connection (I had to choose http instead of https here) seem to have the correct entries—if I change anything there, I get error messages. Does anybody else have this problem too? Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem is? Or am I supposed to be *very* patient and wait for more than 10 minutes at this point?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi icon,

What Magento version did you try to install ? Is it a light or a full one ? Could you check the latest release ?

Please let us know if the problem persists. Does setting the ‘Skip URL Validation’ checkbox help you ?

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dirtyx

Oh i’m having so much truble with the instalation.
I’ve tryed evetything.

I have

[root@server6 /]# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
calendar
ctype
curl
date
dom
filter
ftp
gd
hash
iconv
imap
json
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mysql
mysqli
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
SQLite
standard
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
Zend Optimizer
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend Extension Manager
Zend Optimizer

[root
@server6 /]#

but still dosn’t work. I’m getting the same error

PHP Extension "pdo_mysql" must be loaded

I don’t know what to do any more. Please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

yorkie

Hi there, I also had the similar problems with hostpoint and I found the a strange solution in the .htaccess file. I just removed the line “Options +FollowSymlink”
there are just certain things that your server wont allow you to define in your htaccess.

Maybe you can help me, my installation is running extremely slow.

maybe that helps you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community