Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

product attribute images

basnyd

Total Posts:  2

Hi -

I’m looking at Megento for a possible client. I’ve use oscommerce and oscmax in the past and I’m looking to see what Magento has to offer.  If I’m selling shirts in various colors, is it possible to have the product image change to match the color attribute a customer selects? 

I’ve noticed that you can have additional product images displayed with a product.  Is it possible to use the zoom features on the additional product photos also?

Thanks for the assistance.
Barb

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

If I’m selling shirts in various colors, is it possible to have the product image change to match the color attribute a customer selects?

You may be able to set this up using configurable products.

I’ve noticed that you can have additional product images displayed with a product.  Is it possible to use the zoom features on the additional product photos also?

This feature is not available with the current vesion of Magento. It will require some customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

basnyd

I just saw on this page—http://www.magentocommerce.com/features “multiple images with zoom” under “product browsing” it has a yellow background color.  What does that mean? 

Thanks,
Barb

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

I have corrected the wording on that item. It meant to say multiple images AND zoom. You may upload multiple images at any size but the zoom in feature will only be available for the image that you choose as the main image. You can see an example of this on the demo store.

Demo Example

Magento Community
Magento Community

SBhojani

adimagento - 02 June 2008 11:01 AM

If I’m selling shirts in various colors, is it possible to have the product image change to match the color attribute a customer selects?

Can someone from the Magento team (or the community) please explain how can configurable products be used to show the image according to the selected attributes on the frontend?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chadjmorgan

Total Posts:  252
Michigan

SBhojani - 26 July 2011 09:53 PM

Can someone from the Magento team (or the community) please explain how can configurable products be used to show the image according to the selected attributes on the frontend?

Hello,

Are you looking for something like this? http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/chadjmorgan/extension/5048/automatic_color_swatches_plus

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SBhojani

chadjmorgan - 27 July 2011 04:28 AM

SBhojani - 26 July 2011 09:53 PM

Hello,

Are you looking for something like this? http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/chadjmorgan/extension/5048/automatic_color_swatches_plus

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Yeah, something like that. But I want to build it myself. Any ideas for starts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

olegnax

Total Posts:  51
Mukolaev, Ukraine

Hi

You can start from that page
At least you will get the idea

Magento Community
Magento Community